Our mission

BRS acquired Marine Depot

If you delve into the fine print, you'll need to go in and save your order history soon as it won't be transferred. You'll want the history (if you didn't save your email receipts) for warranties, returns, etc as they'll be honored.

One fewer good retailer option in the hobby, and one fewer company for BRS to have to compete with on quality. Lots of products were carried by MD but not BRS, presumably will no longer be available. I see this as basically the same thing as MD closing, but with BRS honoring their outstanding warranties, buyer programs, etc.

I’m on(was on now)team marine depot so from what I’ve heard the popular products like aquamaxx and the like will be carried on BRS so those products will find a new home. My guess is they will use the west coast warehouse and this will improve BrS ship times to us so perhaps there’s no loss besides the fact that less competition is never a good thing for consumers.

Not too surprised. Earlier this year BRS was partially acquired by a private equity firm. That's business when there's a new injection of capital and new growth driven leadership.

I’m on(was on now)team marine depot so from what I’ve heard the popular products like aquamaxx and the like will be carried on BRS so those products will find a new home. My guess is they will use the west coast warehouse and this will improve BrS ship times to us so perhaps there’s no loss besides the fact that less competition is never a good thing for consumers.
Was/Is Ken still the owner?

Back