Cali Kid Corals

Camera to monitor the tank during vacation

newfly

Supporting Member
Anyone can recommend a simple to use/install camera to watch the tank during vacation? I would like to monitor the water level in case the ATO malfunction.

There are too many options out there. I don;t need cloud recording.

I got the nest cameras because I wanted to use the same app I use for my front doorbell. They work great but there are cheaper options out there that work fine. I like how they have a magnetic base that can stick to my steel stand.

Following along. I’m interested to hear if people have used Ring cameras like this since that‘s what I have otherwise.

I'm sure you can just tape it down if you really wanted to do that. I have Wyze cams as well. They work well, even put a zoom lens on one so I can place it far away from the tank.

I have a Nest camera I got from a neighbor who didn't need it. I also have a nest camera for security, so I have the video too.

I personally wouldn't find pan/tilt useful, but I would prefer higher resolution. The nest is fine, but it'd be cool if I somehow had 4k just because.

Many of them come with a free cloud recording trial, even if you're just looking for streaming.

I have a Nest camera I got from a neighbor who didn't need it. I also have a nest camera for security, so I have the video too.

I personally wouldn't find pan/tilt useful, but I would prefer higher resolution. The nest is fine, but it'd be cool if I somehow had 4k just because.

Many of them come with a free cloud recording trial, even if you're just looking for streaming.
I can see my sump and 4 tanks and my dog all with one camera.

Back