Reef nutrition

Cerith snails

I get occasional red slime algae on the sand bed, or in the nooks/crannies of my rockscape, will snail solve it?
Anyway, I would love to get some cerith. Can you bring some in frag swap event?

red slime algae is typically cyano, which is a type of bacteria. most, if not all CUC avoid it. I was fighting cyano for half a year, till I got a diamondback goby to sift the sand. Doesnt cloud up the tank and keeps the sand clean. Anyone have experience with small toby puffers getting along with cerith snails?

IME their population is controlled by food availability. The more food there is, the more snails there are. As food becomes sparse they starve and it brings the numbers back down.

I guess these should be removed from the group buy? :) You guys can change your number to 0 if you want.

Do you still have any extra cherry shrimps (freshwater) I want to try some again.

I guess these should be removed from the group buy? :) You guys can change your number to 0 if you want.

Do you still have any extra cherry shrimps (freshwater) I want to try some again.

I put a pair of sword tail into my tank and they decimated the shrimp population, I split some off into a jar to regrow their number. I'll get you some once they get going.

af4f3315cf45208f7010af1e68a17772.jpg

Too many snails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will take whatever you can spare ;P
I've got a bunch.
IMG_4201.JPG

They're mixed in with some coral rubble. I sifted my sand when I emptied out my 30 gallon.

It's use at your own risk though. My tank had vermetid snails and it's possible there may be some growing on the shells.

If you are up for little challenge, I can give u some crystal red or golden bee.

Back