Reef nutrition

chalice advice

houser

Past President
First meeting yesterday for me and it was fun and nice to meet a few of you. I felt like it was christmas when my raffle ticket was called. I ended up getting a little chalice - stoked!

The piece is broken. It's a small percentage of the overall size (say 10%), but such that it is hanging there. Should I:
a. do nothing and let it hang. Can it "drop" or is this already just too small?
b. cut it off.
c. do something else...

dave

You could just stick it back up against the main piece and let it grow back together.

Glue the skeleton in place with some IC Gel or Superglue Gel if the piece gets knocked around.

I like the glue idea I probably should have mentioned that. I do need to attach it properly it's just sitting on a substrate right now.

If you glue it, don't glue the edge you want to fuse together. That will allow it to fuse together much faster.

So just to throw it out there my microchalice doing well, clearly growing, and last night I was checking it out with the viewbox (I can only see top town in my setup) and it's got the first signs of something starting to grow away from the surface. I'd say we started as a 1/8" x 1/2" piece and we're up to 1/4" x 5/8"+ or so. Still micro, but alive!
When it gets big enough to DBTC it I'll tell you how I separated the pieces J)

Back