got ethical husbandry?

Chocolate Chip Stars and Coral?

Has anyone tried keeping a chocolate chip star with corals and had luck keeping it from eating them. I’m doing a 20 gal for my kids and the CCSF is on their wanted list. Maybe if I keep it fed?

Don’t do it. Did your kids also see octanauts spikey starfish episode too? My son wanted one after that. I told him it would eat the coral.

I’ve never heard of a choc chip star being a good citizen in a reef tank. I wouldn’t do it. Your kids (and the rest of the family) are unfortunately going to have to get used to not getting livestock they want in a 20g reef tank.

personally.. i dont think its gonna work. and also how are you going to "keep it well fed?"

on a joke side - if you want a TV-MA fish tank, u can get your kids a pair of harlequin shrimps and a CCSF for some viewing pleasure.

I thought this was the case, just wondered if anyone had tried it. I read some people feed them shrimp. My kids are really excited about corals and hermit crabs as well. My 7 year old enjoys doing her weekly water and filter changes in her fresh water tank.

As far as hermit crabs go I have 2 really cool ones you might want to check out.

1. Halloween hermit crab
A5E9F2F2-A71E-4787-A567-ADB1A6F169BE.jpeg

FB95A4A0-36DD-499A-9B21-3BA42955C211.jpeg

2. Blue legged hermit crab

Funny thing is my kid and my wife love the little asterina starfish. My son likes looking for them on the rocks during the day. At night it’s like “the stars come out” with them on the walls.
Depending on how you feel about them it is something you can try. Some people think they are pests. Others don’t. I think the jury is still out.

G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back