High Tide Aquatics

Clownfish / Anemone ratio

Hi all

I have a biocube 14 with a gold nugget in it. It had 2 LTA and a I recently added a small bubble tip that was attached to a small rock. I also have a Gold Nugget that has been in biocube 14 for a few weeks by itself.

Well I also added a smaller lightning maroon that I got from Neptune last week.

She did not like the new addition and made sure the new fish was on his own in the top corner for about a week. He would eat but she made sure he did not get any closer to her territory.

One of the LTAS was not attaching and I moved it to my IM 20 tank. I was so fed up, I just moved it out to the IM 20 tank.....

.......Well last night I checked and could not find the lightning maroon. Low and behold he was hosting in the little bubble tip and the gold nugget was in the LTA.

I wonder if removing the third anemone to the other tank made a difference? Now there is one nem for one fish in the biocube. I hope it stays this way and she finally accepted him.

Any insights?????? I honestly would like to add another little BTA in there or color purposes but dont want to mess with the MOJO!

SO basically, is it one fish to one anemone ratio normally?
thx
Arvind

Last edited:
9e2189c38730cec3ea6b77e0501a13f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey @Arvind - What lighting do you have in your BioCube 14? Our class has one and I am looking to upgrade the lighting to LED and am trying to compare a couple of options I found. Are you clowns still staying in their own nems?

I've got a pair with many nems
I've got many clowns with no nems
I've got 1:1
Doesn't seem to matter much
I have clowns in tanks with anemones and they don't go anyone at them
They seem to spawn with or without
Especially when the clowns most of us have are captive bred and have never seen an anemone, it doesn't really matter

Wild clowns on the other hand definitely prefer having an anemone and preferably the appropriate species

Back