Cali Kid Corals

Club elections!

Thales

Past President
BAR Election time 2006 (Nov 1st)

Hey BAR,

Our Mission Statement: BAR seeks to promote, foster and encourage education and appreciation for the ethical husbandry and propagation of marine life.

If you are interested in supporting this mission and being part of the group that organizes the club and club events, then post to this thread as to what position you are interested in taking.

As with every BAR election, every BOD position is open. The positions available according to the current by laws are:

President
Vice President (meeting coordinator)
Treasurer
Secretary
Communications Director (webmaster)
4 officers at large, if available, including Sponsorship Coordinator, Meeting Recorder, Supply Manager (sodas, etc) *** Important note: These positions do not need to be BOD members. If you would like to take on such a position, but don't want to be on the BOD, let me know.

Please see http://bareefers.org/bylaws.aspx for more information on officer duties and responsibilities.

The election will be held November 1st, 2006 - only if there are multiple people running for the same position. For positions with only one person running, there is not need for a vote.

Remember, this club is a volunteer organization, so we need your input and efforts in order to continue to function!

Thanks for your support!

Rich

I am interested in running for one of the 'Officer at large' positions, and will not be running for president! :D

I will be happy to continue being the Sponsorship Coordinator if I can be promoted to be a Sponsorship Director : )

I will like to stay on the BOD for now.

FYI here are the duties if you're too lazy to search.

Article VIII - Duties of the Officers
President
The President shall be responsible for the overall operation of the organization. The President shall chair the monthly general membership meetings, and Board of Directors meetings, and shall appoint all select committees, with or without assistance from the other Officers.
The President shall call special meetings of the organization, committee meetings, Board of Directors meetings, and any other meetings, which may be deemed necessary but not the monthly general membership meetings.
The President shall determine the location of such meetings. In case of any questions on demeanor while in office, the President shall be further governed by Robert’s Rules of Order.
Vice-President
In the absence of the President, the Vice-President shall chair the monthly general membership meeting and the Board Of Directors meeting. The Vice-President shall work with the President to prepare the agenda for the BOD meetings. The Vice-President shall be the Program Coordinator for the monthly general membership meeting of the organization.
Treasurer
The Treasurer shall keep the financial books of the organization, which shall include tracking all income and expenditures. The Treasurer shall provide a monthly financial report at each board meeting, and shall submit a budget for the coming year at the January Board of Directors meeting.
The Treasurer shall pay any pre-determined amounts as may have been authorized by the Board, and all bills presented to, and approved by majority vote at a Board of Directors meeting. The Treasurer shall prepare and submit all reports required by any governmental agency.
Secretary
The Secretary shall record the minutes of each meeting of the monthly general membership meeting, and the Board of Directors. The Secretary shall coordinate with Public Relations to keep a roster of all members of the organization. The Secretary shall be responsible for preparing and distributing agendas prior to BOD meetings.
Communications Director
This person will provide suggestions to, and facilitate the communication between, officers, and to the general public through 3rd party websites and, if necessary, through facilitation at meetings. This position shall coordinate with the President to update, create and maintain club calendars and promotional materials, and websites. Where applicable, the Communications Director shall solicit donations on behalf of the organization and develop a working relationship with various retailers and wholesalers in the area.
Officers at Large
The Directors shall work with the Officers in developing long-term goals and administering the programs, and activities of the organization.

Well after already quitting last week, I have decided I can do the Web Site stuff again Communications Director (webmaster)
- now that others are helping with spam issues and membership stuff :)

Wow, that's great news Dave!!!!

I do have a suggestion for continuing and any new officers is that we do a little cross-training (if possible) so we can cover for each other. I think the burn-out factor is really hard on all of us when we get stuck doing the same thing over and over again.

Just my little thought

My only main concern is that I do not know much about this forum software. It's a package that was installed and I really don't know too much about it. So when issue come up in the forum, and people expect me to be able to fix them I really don't know what to do!

I can fix up the main web site etc. because I wrote it from scratch, but this forum is nothing I can help with really :(

The forum is pretty easy, even though its pretty heavily modified. At the same time, I am happy to administer it as an OAL.
Everyone reading this - the forum and the website are two different things! :D

Sweet Norman, I was going to volunteer my services, however I do not want to deal with planning meetings so no VP for me :D

But I'll continue to be a generic "officer at large" :)

So we have:
President - Norm
Vice President (meeting coordinator)
Treasurer - Jimsar
Secretary
Communications Director (webmaster) - Dave
4 officers at large
Membership - Dudley/Supply Mananger
Forum guy - Rich
DBTC - Elieen
Sponsorship - Arnold
Mike - OAL (thats 5 though Rich could split CD with Dave)

So far no VP or Recorder. Anyone? ;D We have till Wednesday!

Recorder is the term used when we get sent to team building training at work. It's a slightly more PC title than Secretary to some people :)

I'll call Eileen whatever she wants as long as she's volunteering for the job :)

Mike is also doing DBTC?

Back