Neptune Aquatics

CO2 Refiller found!

Traditionally we go to welding shops, beverage (beer) stores, or gas shops to have our tanks refilled/exchanged. Yesterday I had my office fire extinguisher serviced, and I found out that the shop also refills CO2 tanks. And they actually return your own tank, not exchange it with a "stock" tank. Cheaper, too, at $8.50 for a 5 pounder. Last time around I paid almost $15 out the door to a welding supply store in Napa.

Here's the place:
Vallejo Fire Extinguisher Service
617 Solano Ave
Vallejo, CA 94590
(707) 643-5258

I know, I know, it's out in the sticks. But if you go to www.smartpages.com and type out fire extinquisher under business category, put in your city, you'll get a listing of like businesses. Some should be able to do a refill for you. Afterall, most fire extinguishers are CO2, anyway.

I paid $60 bucks for a used 10 gallon co2 tank filled and certified. Call first to make sure they have one available. I had to wait a week for them to get a tank from their sacramento location. Hansen Fire Equipment Inc (510) 357-9982

When I was at the shop they had a 4 ft tall CO2 tank that they just refilled for a bar. What for? I asked ... To push beer, she said. Makes sense. BTW, they also hydrostatically test these tanks when needed as required by law.

The San Francisco Bay Area Aquatic Plant Society (sfbaaps) has put together a fairly comprehensive list of CO2 resources. www.sfbaaps.com/ref.html

Back