Cali Kid Corals

Colorado Sunburst Group

just an idea,

what if you guys sell the first split to get the $1200 back for everybody, than just distribute splits to members after that.
Or sell splits to members for like 25% of the value of them and have that 25% go to who ever takes care of the main one / club funds.

just an idea,

what if you guys sell the first split to get the $1200 back for everybody, than just distribute splits to members after that.
Or sell splits to members for like 25% of the value of them and have that 25% go to who ever takes care of the main one / club funds.

Not a bad idea. It could work. This way, the monetary risk period is decreased down to just one split time.

Does anyone have any kind of idea what to expect for time between splits? I know my rbta splits about every 6 months. Is this species known to take longer or is it just completely random?

Does anyone have any kind of idea what to expect for time between splits? I know my rbta splits about every 6 months. Is this species known to take longer or is it just completely random?

Most likely has to do with tank conditions. I know people who have had the same BTAs for years that never split once. Some that split every few months. You could always cut, but might be better to let it have a natural split instead. I know Maximus' CSB splits regularly (which is how a lot of people now have the CSB).

They split very slowly. Maximus' splits like once a year if he's lucky; it's a very slow process. Most of the designer nems that you saw in the past were cuts and that's where the risk is.

So I’ll ask.

Why do you think csb are now $1200 when they were $500-$600 a few years ago.

What causes the price to go UP? Most coral prices go down after a few years due to propagation and growing availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, high prices on propagated species is a HUGE red flag for survival/reproduction. There is just no way to keep the price high if it grows well in tanks.

There are lots of beautiful stunning corals that are cheap because they grow well in captivity. Including quite a few that used to be expensive when first introduced.

So I’ll ask.

Why do you think csb are now $1200 when they were $500-$600 a few years ago.

What causes the price to go UP? Most coral prices go down after a few years due to propagation and growing availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is the mass losses from farmers themselves. Several ill-timed crashes within the span of a few years. Initially, CSB from Gonzo were around 250-300. Then you started seeing 'Inferno' and other names pop up here and there, more or less saturating the market with these so-called 'flame BTAs'. That ran it's course like most coral fads and the price settled around the 300s. Then the farm crashes happened, and now they're more scarce than ever before. Several farmers have had trouble getting access to their original BTA strain.

I'm not entirely sure if this is true, but I was seeing $500 as the going price. One day someone did a "live auction" on the CSB facebook group, and since it was in such high demand, the price skyrocketed to $1200 which it finally sold at. Then EVERYONE jumped on the bandwagon and started selling splits at that price. I'm sure I saw $500 price tags just days before this auction happened, and now nothing is ever less than that.

So probably $500 or less again soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Will it? All those who have new splits will always try to keep the price up. Those who bought at $1200 will try to recoup their purchase. I know I would!

Saw on RC Maximus sold a split for 400 1 year ago. So yeah hyped up prices are hyped.

Unfortunately sellers don't realize auction prices don't represent the going rate but only what one person is willing to pay to guarantee he gets his

I’m more willing to bet $1200 that the price will come down significantly within a couple years than I am to bet that I could successfully propagate 1 I bought for $1200 into 6 in a couple years lol

What are some of the other designer nems going for?

I think Supernova are also going for $1500. But, IMO, it just looks like a speckled Rainbow BTA.

Others are all somewhere between $500 and $800.

Lemon drop (if you can find one) goes for $900
Inferno goes for $500
Flame tip, $800

where do you find any for sale? iv been looking just to see how often they are sold and i cant find any haha.

There's a Facebook group called Colorado Sunburst Marketplace. People just sell them there. It's a few sellers and a lot of buyers. You'll see some outrageous prices there, but I haven't found any good sources elsewhere.

You'll see some for sale on CoralCollection, but that website is totally not working and they don't actually have inventory.

Yeah, but don't order from that site. Those anemones don't exist. The guy who's "running" it is called Mak Corals. They took over when the Coral Collection people stopped doing business.

I tried ordering before. The guy started yelling at me over the phone when I asked him what was up. At least I got a refund.
Hey if you didn’t get a refund at least you know you could call the credit card company and get them to charge back the transaction.

Back