Cali Kid Corals

Company Tour for First Generation/Low income Middle and High School students

boun11

Supporting Member
I work for an educational non-profit (www.eastbayconsortium.org). I am writing to see if anyone working for a company that can give a tour of their company and talk to our students about what they do. These students will be the first person in their family to graduate from high school and go on to college. I work with about 150 students or so. In the past, we visited google, Visa, Port of Oakland, Senator's office, State capitol, etc. The purpose of the visit is to expose our students to different type of careers and how it ties to their academic. Please let me know if your company would offer a tour for 20 or more students. The date for our career exploration field trip is on Friday, July 26th. Thanks in advance

I'm asking at work to see if we're capable of holding a tour. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back sometime next week. I work at a 2006 startup company that allows customers to create their own photo books, cards, and calendars (www.mixbook.com).

denzil said:
I'm asking at work to see if we're capable of holding a tour. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back sometime next week. I work at a 2006 startup company that allows customers to create their own photo books, cards, and calendars (www.mixbook.com).

Thanks! Please let me know. We have 3 middle school classes and 3 high school classes. So we can split them up if needed.

Hi Boun,
My prev company (Informatica) in redwood city might have a company tour program for students I can give you the contact info at HR & you can check w them if the program is still available for ths year.
Link.
Rudy

jellygeee said:
Hi Boun,
My prev company (Informatica) in redwood city might have a company tour program for students I can give you the contact info at HR & you can check w them if the program is still available for ths year.
Link.
Rudy

Thanks Rudy! Any lead is greatly appreciated! If you know someone there that we can ask that would be great. It usually works best if we know someone at the company. When we contact company directly sometime they don't return phone call or email at all.

Back