High Tide Aquatics

Coral reefer’s 360 gal system. 225 display and frag tanks

Trying to post a video update...not having succes. Maybe it's too big a file? What am I supposed to do after hitting upload a file and selecting my video? Doesn't seem to want to do anything after the video is selected?

Last edited:
image.jpg

So I haven't got any pics yet...dealing with a broken screen on my phone and it's so full I can't take any pictures, or update the software, or...do anything really. I thought I was gonna get a new iPhone, but AT&T doesn't subsidize then anymore, meaning that you gotta she'll out like $400 minimum to replace your old one, and for the that cheapest $400 option I was gonna have to wait 4 weeks to get it. So no new phone, no ability to take pics, BUT.....

I finally did the plumbing I've been putting off for so long. Two more holes in the floor behind the tank, replaced the 2 2" drain bulkheads, removed and reinstalled one of the return bulkheads, setup the new sump in the garage, and cleaned the skimmer and moved it down there.
I also moved the bubble magus dosing pump down to the fish room (ahhhh, feels good to actually call it that now) and got the reef keeper lite setup with the heater down there too.
Spent roughly 12 hours on and off, seems like there's no leaks though!
Need to shorten the drains so they aren't submerged, or just not so deep under the water in the sump to get the noise down a little, an then next up is clean out and fire up the frag tank. It's in place, and the drain is plumbed, just need to manifold off the main return pump or add in a dedicated return for the frag tank. Haven't decided yet.

I promise pics once I get a new phone. What's the cheapest smart phone these days? I have att, but my contract is up, and I'm not liking the idea of spending for a new iPhone. Don't need anything too fancy, appreciate any advice, I'm not a techie by any means.

I know we've got a couple iPhone 5's around here somewhere. When we upgrade we tend to just give them to the kids to play with (or to friends with broken phones).

Also, I'm not sure which phone you currently have but you should be able to connect it to your computer and manually take the pictures off your phone to make more space.

Last edited:
I know we've got a couple iPhone 5's around here somewhere. When we upgrade we tend to just give them to the kids to play with (or to friends with broken phones).

Also, I'm not sure which phone you currently have but you should be able to connect it to your computer and manually take the pictures off your phone to make more space.
I also don't have a working computer, I did get a portable hard drive thing. Hopefully I can make it work from my brothers laptop.
Certainly interested in buying or trading for a spare iPhone if you have one.

Check out metropcs, they are one of the cheapest out there as far as costs and no contract, the have cheap phones too some free if you sign up as a new customer. granted the signal isnt the greatest if you ever ģo into the boonies but in the bay area it works fine IMO. and if you dont like them just quit since no contract! cheapest plan I think is 30 a month, 1 gig 4g data unlimited 3g, text and talk. I find its good enough for me because I don't use a phone as an extension of my computer

Frag tank is running. I swear! Still no evidence, but progress is good. Need to mount the light. Going to use an AI sol blue so it will be the same as the display. I also need to get my mp10 working...ugghhhh. May need a new dry side. Poop!

Mp10 works! Not getting it to ramp up or down, but it is running!!! Still need to mount the sol blue above the frag tank, clean out and refill the GFO reactor, and setup the ATO. I think I'm going to try to add in a ball of chaeto somewhere if I can find the right spot for it, and maybe a second return pump at some point...if ecotech makes a larger version of their dc pump, and I get solar panels on the roof... But then I'dhave to replumb the tank again :(
Not really though. Just lower one drain standpipe a little, raise the other one a tiny bit, and convert one of the returns to a full siphon drain w a valve. That way it would flow more water and be close to silent. The drain in that overflow would take only a trickle, and the drain in the other overflow would be the emergency.

I'm happy with how it is for now as long as I can get the length of the drain tubes just right in the sump so they stop gurgling upstairs... I think I'll cut it to be about 2-3" below the surface of the sump and see how it sounds.

I'm also thinking about trying to cram a pump into the bottom of each overflow to use as a closed loop type of circulation pump without having to add bulkheads. If I do it I will manifold off the output so it sends just a small high pressure stream at the bottom of the overflow so stuff won't settle down there. Not a lot of room in my overflows though so not sure what to use. Mj1200 would fit but I want more flow than that, and they are kinda loud.

Back