got ethical husbandry?

Coral reefer’s 360 gal system. 225 display and frag tanks

Think I refigured out photobucket finally!!! They made it WAY harder to use the mobile app. Oh well.
image_zps8b4e26f4.jpg

Picked up three chalices from jbon Jim. This one is crazy colorful, but was having some recession issues so I cut up the best healthiest parts and am hoping for the best. Also grabbed a Miami hurricane and another really nice chalice. I will be selling some frags, and probably starting a chain for each as well. Pm me if you are interested.

Upgraded skimmer to a super reef octopus xp2000 since I found a great deal on a used one. Looking forward to getting it dialed in and seeing what it can do.

Ive been really wanting to upgrade my return pump (unknown rio model) in order to increase flow (getting ready for upgrade!) and decrease noise and power consumption. I've also wanted to upgrade my salt water mixing pump (mag 9.5 B) to decrease power consumption and be able to push water up about 14 feet so I can pump from my mixing tank down in the garage directly up into my display upstairs when I do water changes rather than filling carrying and pouring 5 gallon jugs. Maybe the mag 9.5 B could handle this, maybe not, I havent tried yet. I still need to make a hole in the floor, and wont be doing that until I upgrade in the next couple of months. Long story short, I ordered 2 waveline DC 1000 pumps for $200 each with no shipping. I can run the pump at a much lower speed for the normal mixing of the salt water and ramp it up to pump nw water upsatirs when needed, or maybe not even need to ramp up the speed if it can handle the head pressure at lower speed? Time will tell...
I was fighting the descision between waveline and water blaster pump for awhile, but the speed variability, feed mode, and similar power consumption with more flow just won me over. Both should be quiet, and I think I'd be happy with either, and this was like $30 less to boot.
I'm also excited to get my hands on one of these as I've been considering using one (or two) for a closed loop for the upgrade. Will put them through their paces and see what I think.

Recent top down shot.
null_zps3e584fc2.jpg

Big favia grew from this guy
null_zps491c70eb.jpg

Might do a dbtc if people like it? And if I can figure out how to frag it other than getting it to grow onto rubble placed near it... Ideas?

That's a RAD bi-color war coral!! What kind of fish is in the first pic? It looks very cool with the stripes.

Did you get your new pumps yet?

That a chalk bass. I like them quite a bit.
I did get the pumps, but I installed them on a couple of ponds that needed new pumps, so I ordere myself another pair. They are pretty cool. Lots of flow at full blast, that's for sure!

The time has come for me to pick up the new tank this Saturday the 3rd in Livermore. Late afternoon early evening. Could use and extra person or two if anybody is out that way? Let me know. Thanks! Also, anybody have those suction cup things?

The time has come for me to pick up the new tank this Saturday the 3rd in Livermore. Late afternoon early evening. Could use and extra person or two if anybody is out that way? Let me know. Thanks! Also, anybody have those suction cup things?

Would help you out but last minute for us. We had plans already. =/

Back