Cali Kid Corals

Corals Bleaching and Tips dying off.

I have a few questions, still fairly new to keeping SPS so I still have a lot to learn. I got this Blue Slimer from Sergio and the tips white and don't see to have any tissue on them. Here is the link to the DBTC thread with a picture of the coral. You can see in the picture from the thread that the tips are white and bare, and the coral looks the same just the white tips are now longer. Is this new growth are the tips dying off?
Also I just changed my MH bulbs. The old bulbs were way too old and with the new bulbs my par increase in most areas of the tank by 50par, and in one are 100par. My photo period was 6 hours, and after the new bulbs i cut it back to 4. Some of my corals are showing signs of bleaching, so I dropped it down to 3 hours. Is this most likely the cause of the bleaching? I was planning on increasing the photo period 30min a week pack up to my 6 hours to acclimate the corals to the new light. Does that sound about right? My water parameters are good.
Salinity 35ppt
Cal 410
Alk 8.3
Mag 1320

regular window screens? I read something about that. Keep the photo period the same and use 4 layers of screens and remove 1 a week until they are all gone.

No they are in a canopy. I just went and bought some window screen material and put it over the tank. I did 4 layers and will take a layer off every week or so until they are all gone.

It's fine. That's what I used and mu lights were way closer then I care to say (cough5 inchescough))

exactly what I did but I got all itchy and at week three removed two :lol:

I am still having an issue with my system. Most of my SPS is still dying off. I am running carbon in the system. My parameters are
Salinity 35ppt
ALk 8.6
Calcium 410
Mag 1280
I am going to do a 50gal water change tomorrow. I was also thinking pulling all of the coral out of the tank and dipping it with revive.
Is there anything else i should look for or do to try and save the rest of my tank?

Back