Jestersix

Cuvette Cleaning

Any of you use this for cleaning Cuvettes? whats a good amount to use? also, do I soak it? Sorry couldnt find any instructions on google lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426130136.868184.jpg

Haha no I just rinse with tap water and let it air dry. Open end facing down.

I don't think our test kits are accurate enough to the point where its worth it to fully sterilize the containers (cuvettes, test tubes, cups).

For my hanna test cuvettes, I rinse with tap water and let it air dry facing down. Before I do my test, I rinse it out with my tank water and then take my measurement.

I store mine full with RODI water and dump out rinse with tank water, then perform the tests, rinse the container with RODI water and then fill to the top and store till next time.

I give mine a couple of rinses with tank water, then wipe the outside with a microfiber cloth to make sure there are no fingerprints or smudges. I only have the Hanna phosphate meter, but you do basically the same thing in chemistry lab when doing florescence or absorbance measurements in cuvettes.

I do the same thing. I soak them in RO and wipe clean with a cloth. In time the dissolved powder or reagents stick to the glass. Ive tested my water using the same cuvette and about 3 times with tank water and 3 times with RO water. Ive been getting different (But not so much) results. Gets better the more i clean them inside and out with a wood stick Q-tip. I was planning on using this cleaning solution once a month to do a thorough cleaning.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426210203.438949.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426210203.438949.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 261
First thing I did was fill a tray with RO water. I just put a couple of drops of solution inside the cuvette and on the outside gave it a rub down with a drop of solution as well. Shook it up and rinsed it out. I left the cuvettes inside the tray for a couple hours and dried them up with a cloth. I tested the same cuvettes 3 times with RO water and they all came out consistently at "0" :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426214286.011593.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426214843.087145.jpg

I've always had it in my head to make a cuvette wash and drying station. Essentially an acrylic box with spray pegs you clip the cuvettes on. Then you'd turn on the Ro water to blast them clean and leave to dry...

Back