Our mission

DBTC - Dragon soul torch

IOnceWasLegend

Frag Swap Coordinator
BOD
Stealing some of @jhuynh’s rules for this DBTC.
  1. Must have been a supporting active BAR member for 6 months (180 days)
  2. At least two frags of equal or greater size must be offered before doing what you wish with everything after that
  3. Corollary to the above: if someone sells a frag before completing their links in the chain, I will shut this one down
  4. Must have an established tank journal with demonstrated success keeping LPS
  5. If something happens to mine, I’ll go next in line for a replacement
  6. This will not be first come, first served. Priority is given to people who have either started or completed at least 5 DBTCs/DBTC links; BARcode is to let me know you're interested.

Picture of the mother colony:

PXL_20210624_195349137.MP.jpg

EDIT: Updating with a better picture of the colony under actinics with a nifty new lens kit.

PXL_20211004_045144551.jpg

Last edited:
I’m interested, but this is a real gem and I am 100% ok with it going to someone else, completely at Josh’s discretion. I don’t update my journal very often so if that disqualifies me, I understand. My tank is doing great, maybe too great since I have corals over-growing. Haven’t had any tank crashes, this tank has been up for several years, but occasionally have lost corals, usually for unknown reasons. I have a bunch of LPS/euphyllia growing very well too, which I’ve been having to frag to make room, but no torches right now.

@IOnceWasLegend
What are the zoanthids at the base of the torch in the pic?
Right side are eagle eyes. Left side I have no idea; looks like eagle eyes but more of a forest green.

damn. did I spark a high end dbtc movement?

Definitely stole your rules. :) I've been meaning to frag this one for a while but the heads took forever for the flesh to fully separate.

Although, touching on that: the first week or two I was in the club I saw the Kensington gold torch, and I remember thinking how cool and generous it was that someone would just give a high-end piece like that into the club for propagation. So I figure turnabout's fair play, and I'm (ever, ever so slowly) trying to follow through by giving a piece of everything I get into the club.

Last edited:
Back