Cali Kid Corals

DBTC: Duncan

I just added Duncan to DBTC.

There are 2 frag(s) available right now.

a34363691cf13ad925607e1dc36c0c83

I need to shrink this down a bit, so I'm going to make 2-3 frags of a few heads each. One may be spoken for, so may only have one or two frags.

Please have a tank journal, don't sell, please keep in DBTC and rehome to a member if you leave the club/hobby

This thread was automatically created by BARcode

@SanFranSteve - I sent a couple texts, but didn’t hear back. Left the frag with Mike since you were headed his way. Hope you got it.

Hey Mike - I never got your texts! I’m not sure what happened, but I got the frag from Mike today. I appreciate it.

The frag has been acclimated and I put it on the sand. I’ll take some pics this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Imagine receiving a text from Bay Area “Reefers” saying your “frag” is ready

PS: I didn’t realize this till one of my colleagues (the other type of reefer) brought it up today, saying it’s an interesting naming choice for the Bay Area :p
- I was on speech to text (responsibility while driving, you know) and the text is ”your *frog* is with Mike” poor person who was getting hounded by me!

@Mike Yasin Good to hear from you. Unfortunately, I had a minor tank crash about a week after you gave me the frag. I did an evening water change and made the rookie mistake of forgetting to reprime my pump afterward. I woke up the next morning to all of my fish and inverts dead and a large bacterial bloom. I was able to save all of my corals except for your duncan frag:confused:. I tried nursing it back to health along with the other corals, but after a week without extending, I pulled it out and could see and smell that it was fully rotting. Up until that point, I was stoked (and proud) about how well the duncan settled in.

Thankfully I was able to do a full water change that morning, and the tank has been stable since. I'm glad most of the frags survived and are thriving, but I'm super bummed about losing the duncan. I've made some improvements to my setup and will be posting a tank journal update this evening.

Thanks for your time and care. I'm sorry I can't give you better news!

@Mike Yasin Good to hear from you. Unfortunately, I had a minor tank crash about a week after you gave me the frag. I did an evening water change and made the rookie mistake of forgetting to reprime my pump afterward. I woke up the next morning to all of my fish and inverts dead and a large bacterial bloom. I was able to save all of my corals except for your duncan frag:confused:. I tried nursing it back to health along with the other corals, but after a week without extending, I pulled it out and could see and smell that it was fully rotting. Up until that point, I was stoked (and proud) about how well the duncan settled in.

Thankfully I was able to do a full water change that morning, and the tank has been stable since. I'm glad most of the frags survived and are thriving, but I'm super bummed about losing the duncan. I've made some improvements to my setup and will be posting a tank journal update this evening.

Thanks for your time and care. I'm sorry I can't give you better news!
that sucks. sorry for the loss. Please mark it as lost in BARCODE when you get a chance.

Back