Cali Kid Corals

DBTC Frag Requests

I've been looking through the DBTC threads, and I see some old ones with corals that I'd really like to get and then pass on someday. Like this one for Lavender Candycane frags:
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=1780.0

DBTC etiquette question - Should I make a post in that thread asking if frags are available? Or should I avoid doing that because it would clog up a lot of threads if everybody started doing it? Should I assume that if a frag was available, someone would have updated the thread offering one?

There are tons of people who ask for the next generation when they are available and I don't see anything wrong with that. Now just saying can I have one when if you'd read the thread and count you'd find they were all accounted for, now that's different :) but it doesn't hurt to ask. at least that's how i see it

In the thread I linked, Mr. Ugly offered 3, fishnfst offered 1, and all were accounted for. So, don't post? But the last post was in Sept 2007. Is it reasonable to expect more frags would be available now, 6 months later?

[quote author=Rekonn link=topic=3248.msg36434#msg36434 date=1204763087]
In the thread I linked, Mr. Ugly offered 3, fishnfst offered 1, and all were accounted for. So, don't post? But the last post was in Sept 2007. Is it reasonable to expect more frags would be available now, 6 months later?[/quote]

Na, I say post asking for the next generation when it's available.

Ideally, people should be posting when new frags are available.

Hopefully they don't need to be reminded that it's a pay it forward program :D

Back