got ethical husbandry?

DBTC (non-coral edition?)

Hi All,

I've have upgraded yet again and have a 24 NanoCube DX and various other things. I was thinking it would be cool to have a DBTC edition for non-coral items, like live rock, sand, tanks, and equipment. Similar to the coral edition, those who receive someone's surplus sand or live rock, will pass it along when they have a surplus.

The idea came to me because this was my starter tank, which is perfect for getting started, so I'd love to see someone else get started with it, and donate it along in a couple years when they upgrade!

Cheers,

Josh

I like what you are thinking Josh but the only issue I would see it that it isn't really a chain as much as it is a pass it along kind of thing since you can't really "grow" sand or live rock.

It is a great idea, but like Seminolecpa said, you can't grow rocks (well, unless you are a geologist with special equipment). There are many people in the club that do exactly what you suggest already. I myself, have been the recipient of "cast offs" due to the generosity of club members, and plan to do the same. :) Perhaps you could start a WIBGI thread for people who want to exchange items. Perhaps it could be a "Pass it along" thread. You can offer it up and ask that person to pass it along when they "outgrow it". :)

I'm a relative newcomer here and just wanted to let you guys know that if your giving away any
Vortech power heads I want to be first in line! :D
Thanks!

Back