Our mission

DBTC- One frag of Cespitularia/Blue Xenia

Lyn

IMGP3921.jpg

One frag of Cespitularia/Blue Xenia available. Regular DBTC rules, and please pick up from Feb. frag swap.

If more than one request, please pick numbers from 100 to 1000 (in increments of 100). :)

This coral requires high lights (to get the blue coloration) and indirect flow. Mine sits at the very top of the tank (just under the water surface) under 70 watt 10,000K MH bulb. Please make sure you have stable tank conditions. It is considered a more advanced coral.

Nobody like Xenia?? This thing used to cost $100 for a frag.. ;D

This is not a regular Xenia.. They don't grow as fast as the pompom or other stuff.

LOL :D

Phong, I think that the people who know about this rare blue Xenia already have it through the club, and those who don't/didn't know about it, don't/didn't know to ask. :D Now they know though, thanks to you ;D

As Phong says, this Xenia is still pricier than the more common types of Xenia. It was considered an X-treme coral not too long ago. It developes a blue hue when grown under high lights, but the polyps stay pink. It is quite beautiful. :D

You don't see it offered too often, not because no one wants it anymore, but because it doesn't grow as wildly as the other types. Still faster growing than SPS' though. ;D

Don't forget to pick a number Jeff. :)

I'll take requests until Friday. If no one else wants it, then it is yours. :)

I'll take 700 ;). Thank you. I had a huge colony of this before I moved from NC. I have not seen any since so this would be cool.

Thanks

Great photo, and definitely on the short list of next corals, but... lights are too low just yet, and I am still working on stable water. That is Nitrates consistently below 5. Richard

[quote author=70Cuda link=topic=5886.msg74758#msg74758 date=1232041010]
256.67 and a sea horse cookie.
[/quote]

If more than one request, please pick numbers from 100 to 1000 (in increments of 100).

Hi Cuda, are you requesting too? And are you offering me a cookie or requesting one? ;)

[quote author=Elite link=topic=5886.msg74765#msg74765 date=1232043986]
I should be a DBTC saleman ;D .....
[/quote]

You should Phong, and charge commission... Hypothetical Phong says, "I'll take 10% of all your frags..." :D

And the winner is...

1. 700 Zambavi :)

And the second winner is...

2. 400 Jeepboy :D

I was able to make a second frag. ;D

FYI, if you didn't get one this time, I'll be putting another into the frag swap. I'm pretty sure there will be others putting Blue Xenia into the swap too, so all is not lost. :)

Have a great 3 day weekend! (If you have Monday off :) )

[quote author=zambavi link=topic=5886.msg75269#msg75269 date=1232240999]
Sweet Lyn! Feb Frag Swap?

Thanks!
[/quote]

Yes, see you there! :D

This blue xenia has grown like weeds in my frag tank. I have at least a dozen frags available of it... each is at least a thick 1"x1" stalk with many hands.

Back