Our mission

DBTC- PC Rainbow

Standard DBTC rules. Supporting members only.

Mother colony:
IMG_4051.JPG

Frag: (the one in front)
IMG_4049.JPG

Nice red color on the original too. My pc rainbow started rusty red but over the past few weeks it's been getting more green highlights. Not sure whether it's low light or too much light, or a nutrient issue. Another purple stag is also getting some greenish polyps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long has it been in its current position? They usually start out a greenish color when there's not enough light, but once in a good location they lose the green and pick up their colors.

Original frag picked up on 2/2/17.
upload_2017-7-15_22-27-9.png

Mounted on the rockwork a month later on 3/15/17. You can see the green on the base still.
upload_2017-7-15_22-27-37.png

It shed most of the green a month after that. 4/17/17.
upload_2017-7-15_22-28-25.png

Mostly gone by 5/20/17. You can still see it in the internodes.
upload_2017-7-15_22-29-47.png

6/20/17 and the green is more of an yellowish green color. Looks orange mostly. It's also gotten large enough where I can't fit it all on the frame without lifting the lens out of the water.
upload_2017-7-15_22-30-33.png

PC rainbow is a pretty quick grower overall and I've actually fragged this one for a friend before. The frag was the same size as the original piece that I first picked up in February and if you look at the mother, you can't even tell that she was fragged. I'm waiting for it to grow out a bit more and then fragging it for Boun, who lost his mini colony.

Great documentation. I got mine from @dswong about 4 months ago. It was completely red when I got it. I have not moved it since placing it. Now there are greenish streaks along most of the frag. I've been trying to increase the PAR, but when I move too fast, my chalices and encrusting montis start looking pissed off. It's under low level LED (30 PAR) for 15 hours a day, and 2 T5 for 6 hours (150 PAR) and 4 T5 for 2 hours (260 PAR). Now seeing your photos I think it's just evolving in its color. Excited to see where it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back