Our mission

DBTC: Purple Finger Candelabra Gorgonian

Arvin R

BOD
BOD
I just added Purple Finger Candelabra Gorgonian to DBTC.

There are 2 frag(s) available right now.

86ea66fd5824cc9f6c015f55400cf3b4

This thread was automatically created by BARcode

My first DBTC! Super easy photosynthetic gorgonian with pretty long polyp extension for a gorg. I have 2 frags about 1in long right now ready to go that attached to some crushed coral. I can glue to crushed coral onto a frag plug if requested. Once the mother colony is much bigger I'll feel more comfortable fragging off bigger pieces.

Looks awesome! Is this Plexaura flexuosa? Was looking for one of these years ago since they seemed nicely colored and actually would survive well in our tanks.

Looks awesome! Is this Plexaura flexuosa? Was looking for one of these years ago since they seemed nicely colored and actually would survive well in our tanks.
Hey, no it's definitely not Plexaura flexuosa.I have a small 1in frag available currently and can cut more anytime but it does take awhile to try and get it to stick to something. I usually throw my cuttings in my crush coral substrate tank and just let it sit there til it sticks to a piece of crushed coral. I'll post an update photo tomorrow. Mine has grown quite a bit and I may feel comfortable cutting a bigger piece if anyone would like.

Here is an overhead shot I got a couple weeks ago. I'm regularly having to trim the branch that is closest to the blue/green stylo.
20220601_191057.jpg

Back