got ethical husbandry?

DBTC Question: Having one person listed twice?

neuro

Webmaster
Do you guys want to have more than one entry/leaf/node in the DBTC tree for a single person involved in the chain?

Here's an example (of many that can happen):

1. Person A gave person B a frag.
2. Person A has a crash, and person B gives back to person A a frag of the original.

Options at this point:
1. Add person A to the DBTC tree again as another entry under person B?
2. Or do we simply want to update person A's original entry with new dates and the current status (which would be "growing") of that frag?

How was it done before if anyone can remember?

I'm OK with either way. Either way will require rewriting parts of the code. I do want to mention though, Option 2 will help curb a tree that might get lengthy (the new 'look' takes up space), but won't be as detailed as Option 1.

Personally, I'm a fan of option 1. It keeps the history which I think may be important for some. I guess it's really just a matter of what's important to the members.

While I was looking closer at all possible things people could do, I found out that there are more than a just few cases that would merit option 1. It would be easier in the long run to support option 1...

So I rewrote a large portion of the code today to support option 1 in the event we want to go this route.

I'm still open to suggestions or thoughts

Does this mean, for example, "Neuro's Mystic Monti" will always be at the top of your specific tree no matter what happens to your tank? I like that option. You can appear further down the tree for whatever reason but the coral was yours to begin with so you stay on top. Does that make sense?!

Does this mean, for example, "Neuro's Mystic Monti" will always be at the top of your specific tree no matter what happens to your tank? I like that option. You can appear further down the tree for whatever reason but the coral was yours to begin with so you stay on top. Does that make sense?!

Yes, that will always be the case. It's the cases where someone at the top reappears somewhere near the bottom. That becomes a "cyclic graph", where the tree becomes a circle.

Back