Reef nutrition

DBTC starfizzle

I fragged a leg off my starfish over 2 months ago. It finally generated new limbs along with a mouth on the frag. It's somewhere in my tank right now. I'll catch it for the DEC meeting or the FEB frag swap.

Heres a pic of phongs, it looks similar to it.
starfish.jpg

you have to be a BAR member for the last 6 months to qualify.

euod,

have you been a bar member for at least 6 months? not a member of the forum but club..

ya i fragged all my starfizzles :) blk brittle, green w/ yellow spot fromia and this thing. i don't know what species it is.

V,

the severed legs grow back limbs under good conditions. i tried this one on the starfish above. the severed leg was moving around for 2 months before i noticed legs and a mouth formed.

my black brittle star's leg is on the sand bed and still moves not like this one tho. what really trips me out the most about the brittle star leg .. when i drop food next to it, the leg will grab the foot and pull it to the end of the leg like its eating it. it has no mouth at the end of the severed leg!! it's been severed for over 2 weeks, still alive and "kicking".

PP,

it's not a linkia from what i know. i love this starfish because it will eat rotting sponges. i used this starfish on all the wild coral i use to get. it would clean up my rocks good.

fragging starfish.. DBTC has endless possibilities lol :)

That is so cool, I'd love to get a "Frag" but I don't think I'd have the heart to amputate a leg to make other frags, despite the fact that I frag corals in a brutal manner!

V

I gotta say, this is the coolest thing. You gotta take some pics of the fragging (next time). Amazing.

Save me a leg next time, I'll see if I've got the stomach to amputate it for fragging...

V

Back