Cali Kid Corals

DBTC Yellow Leather

My third DBTC offering... 2 frags of Yellow Leather. Each will be 1-2". Very fast growing! I'm now sure if there is much demand for this one or not but here it is. Will see how it goes...

Pick a number between 1 and 20

Rules

- A BAR member
- Must have a tank thread
- Agree to frag to at least 2 other people for free before trading or selling
- Agree to give me back a frag if my tank crashes or I lose the colony

3135752703_df8289cf71_b.jpg

I need to know this week if anyone wants a frag of this one. He is about 8" accross right now and I need to frag him this weekend so there is time to heal before the Feb swap meeting.

[quote author=phishphood link=topic=5716.msg73099#msg73099 date=1231304238]
Zambavi- I'll choose #9....does it matter if I don't get the right number but there aren't any other entries? :D
[/quote]

;D It's the Sarcophyton type... I'll bring you a frag at the Feb Swap meet

If it is the toadstool type, on a stalk, then I have it already. In fact, I am trying to see if anyone wants some of mine. :D

If it is the branching finger-type, then I'll take a piece. I am trying to diversify my softy collection. :)

Your polyps look a lot shorter than my Toadstool Sarcophytons'. Do you have it under high lights?

Great, I'll take the frag if you still have it. I need to diversify my softies. :D

Oops, shouldn't assume, sorry... I'll pick #1 :)

Jeff,

Is the skin on this coral yellow or tan? It is hard to tell in the picture. ( My coral's skin is more yellow than the pictures show.) :)

A few different ways to do it. I've taken the hole thing before and cut it in 6 different pieces like a pie. I have also cut the entire outside 1" of the head off and then cut those into 1" by 1" pieces. That's just me though. There may be a better way to do it but it's always worked fine for me.

Interesting that you should cut the outside rim off like a donut. When my green Sarc. decided to frag itself, it did it in the donut shape, just the rim about 1-1.5 inches in. :)

You can cut a ring off from the top as Jeff said, or the entire head. You can also cut chunks off haphazardly. In my experience, you can hack as much as you want to make the mother colony look the way you want it to. Leather's are pretty forgiving in terms of growing back, provided water quality stays acceptable.

Yup, that's true. Just wanted to know how he did it. :) I am planning to cut the head off and make sections, like a pie...yummy! :D

Back