robert4025

Neptune Aquatics
LFS Owner
Guys...anyone want these things?

- RK ELITE (COMPLETE SYSTEM) - $399.99
- RK ELITE (COMPLETE SYS WITH NET) - $499.99
- RK LITE (LEVEL 1) - $99.99
- RK LITE (LEVEL 3) - $279.99

I am about to stock some in the shop but wanna make sure I bring in enough just in case some of you may be in the market for one.

Thanks,
Robert

I'd be in the market for a APEX from Neptune. I've never cared for the DA stuff, not to mention I'd prefer to keep my money local :)

We can definitely get you Neptune Controllers as well.

Neptune Systems APEX Aqua Controller package comes with:

* 1 x Apex Base Unit
* 1 x Temperature Probe
* 1 x Apex Display Module w/ 10' AquaBus cable
* 1 x EnergyBar 8
* 1 x 6' AquaBus cable
* 1 x Standard Grade pH probe

If you are interest, please PM me so I can give you better pricing.

Note: There is a bit of a lead time on this so please let me know asap. That way, I can put in the order sooner.

Thanks guys.

Robert

have you tried either of them yet Joel? I'd ask others that have both and see if you can get some hands on prior to buying. I've used both and I much prefer the software and navigation of the Neptunes :)

I am prefectly happy now eith my RKE. I went through some growing pains when it was brand new but that is mostly due to the fact that I was one of the first kids on the block to have it.

IMHO it is plenty easy to use and has been rock steady for me for the last 8 months.

GreshamH said:
have you tried either of them yet Joel? I'd ask others that have both and see if you can get some hands on prior to buying. I've used both and I much prefer the software and navigation of the Neptunes :)

No. :shy:

That's a terrific idea. ;)

I see, from the boards, that Members prefer the Neptune. Since I don't have first hand experience, I let Ryan @ BRS inform me of the RKE3 merits last month. Seemed like it does all that the Neptune controller does, but gives an extra energy bar; and is almost three fifths the cost. While I've read good things about the D.A. controllers, hands on experience is no match for here-say. Looks like the Club has done their homework as usual H)

R.K.

seminolecpa said:
I am prefectly happy now eith my RKE. ....IMHO it is plenty easy to use and has been rock steady for me for the last 8 months.

GTK. The interface looks some what similar, but not having hands on experience on either, I can be easily mistaken.
:) :D :bigsmile:

I have been debating about moving up to the APEX from my AC3 pro... but I've heard that the APEX software isn't 100% yet. No problems so far Tony?

Here are my only concerns with the apex so far:

1) if you change the password/admin, you need to do a reset to make things go through for network access (learned this the hardway. Not a problem once you know this).

2) The controller display feels really cheap. Very light and hallow feeling. Also not even water resistant (the mounting holes on the back open through to the inside

3) The wire on the controller display is extremely thin. I'd personally like to have something a little thicker for durability

4) The interface (direct and remote) is sluggish. It takes about 5 or so seconds for a "submit" to process and update on the webserver. Going from any page to the graph page takes about 10-15sec to fully load. On the controller directly, there is a sub second, but definitely noticeable lab between pressing any button and an action happening. I find this sorta interesting and alarming especially with Curts comment
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1686202
- State of the Art 32 bit processor - not an 8 bit slow processor like RKE.
- 5 times faster than competitor's controllers

I have nothing to compare these negatives to. That said, everything else is great. I really like the flexibility and control options etc.

The 5 seconds to 'submit' is also present on the AC3, but I've never really found it to be a problem. I do find that the feed timer seems to kick in faster than 5 seconds though, more like 1 second.

Similar performance on the webserver stuff as well. Graphs can take awhile to load, especially if the controller has a lot of logged data. If you reset the data and then load a graph, it's super fast.

That said, I do love the system. It's been an incredibly valuable piece of equipment for me.

Hey Guys...I have 5 package of Neptune APEX controllers coming in about a week or two. Let me know if you want one. Pre-paid by the time the product shipped and I'll set you up with a great deal. Once again, the package includes:

* 1 x Apex Base Unit
* 1 x Temperature Probe
* 1 x Apex Display Module w/ 10' AquaBus cable
* 1 x EnergyBar 8
* 1 x 6' AquaBus cable
* 1 x Standard Grade pH probe

List price: $495

Please send me a PM for pricing if you are interested.

http://www.neptunesys.com/~clp//index.p ... &Itemid=40

Robert

Gomer said:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1686202
- State of the Art 32 bit processor - not an 8 bit slow processor like RKE.
- 5 times faster than competitor's controllers

I have nothing to compare these negatives to. That said, everything else is great. I really like the flexibility and control options etc.

Wow those folks on RC really get heated up over stuff. I'm glad our Club have cool heads and open minds. While the RC board has drilled down really deep on the matter, tempers are flying sky high (super link btw). Both make great point however. It seems like if you need techie stuff like remote access, internet and software and fast processing speeds you'll have to pay for it with Neptune. If you want to buy US made and get great tech support and customer support, you need Neptune too. So I guess the old adage of "you get what you pay for" may be true in this case. Maybe, that's why RK has dropped their price points way down. I think a year from now, both companies will be on a more even keel - product wise.

I have to go back to what Gresham mentioned earlier about buying "Local," and his comments about being satisfied with his Apex unit. Gresham and Tony have been dead on about so many thing (from what I've seen this year) that, for me, Personally, I don't need all the bells and whistles, but I do want good support - should I need it (even with good products / mfg'ng sometimes support is needed) I'd be willing to save longer for the Apex, just as I am saving for a Vortec. But again, I'm not sure if Vortec MP40s are made here. Didn't mean to open a can a worms, so I wont post anymore on this string and let Robert conduct his business with out anymore of my interruptions. ;) Thx to all for the 411, and to Robert for stepping up with two terrific products to help our Kritters. :santa:

Back