Cali Kid Corals

Don't do what I did

So I was calibrating my phos doser and I thought I put the hose in the cup intended to catch the liquid phosphate but I put the wrong hose in the cup and dumped a ton of phosphate into my tank. I am worried now. Good bye sps?
ce6fbfa81f04b44734ec3abb0e335dd6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Where am I gonna find that right now?[emoji25]
Not to harp on you over this, but this statement is why it's good practice to have things on hand to deal with problems, whether it's some chemical like this, lots of water for a HUGE change, carbon, poly filter, etc. Or just members who are in your area who may have one of those things.

Here's hoping the huge spike in phosphate doesn't mess your stuff up though, but tomorrow you can pick up some lanthum chloride at Neptune or something?

if you can't WC... run rowaphos, if not than GFO, phosguard, etc...

Also, if desperate... dilute out the tank a bit with RODI. a few points sg is better than crazy phos spike

Thats the thing I don't have anything to bring phos down. So far I've done 27 gallons. I have another 15 gallons almost ready. This really sucks.
a53a380278a659dfab7b9ea19355c400.jpg

This was not on the list of things to do before leaving for a week. Luckily my tank is great at eating up phos with cheato and ats

Thats the thing I don't have anything to bring phos down. So far I've done 27 gallons. I have another 15 gallons almost ready. This really sucks.
a53a380278a659dfab7b9ea19355c400.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatal
Make sure to do it all at once as one large change will have more impact than multiple small changes. Stockpile till you have enough then pull the trigger. To heat water up fast I have boiled rodi in a pot.

Make sure to do it all at once as one large change will have more impact than multiple small changes. Stockpile till you have enough then pull the trigger. To heat water up fast I have boiled rodi in a pot.
I dont have a brute lol. Biggest thing i have is a 17 gallon tub and a 10 gallon cooler.

Not to harp on you over this, but this statement is why it's good practice to have things on hand to deal with problems, whether it's some chemical like this, lots of water for a HUGE change, carbon, poly filter, etc. Or just members who are in your area who may have one of those things.

Here's hoping the huge spike in phosphate doesn't mess your stuff up though, but tomorrow you can pick up some lanthum chloride at Neptune or something?
I usually have a surplus of things like fish meds and things to raise my levels. I used to have things to lower nutrients but since it became a struggle to get them elevated I didn't buy them. I'm gonna keep them again for stupid emergencies as this one

Back