Reef nutrition

Echinopora lamellosa - Blue Chalice

I have two frags of Echinopora lamellosa, Blue Chalice available for those interested. I picked it up from Jess about a year ago. It browned out quite a bit under 10K LEDs but it's starting to blue up again now that I switched over to ~14K LEDs.

Available Frags:

Mother:

Standard rules apply. Pick up in Oakley in the evenings and on weekends or Martinez during the week if you can pick it up early in the day. I don't think I'll be able to make the December meeting but that may change.

~Charlie

Erin - It's yours! That will give me the round-tuit I needed to go out a see you anyway. I'll e-mail you to work out details.

On a side note, do you see the Bird's Nest to the right of the chalice in the bottom pic? I picked that up from you as a frag about a year and a half ago. I don't suppose you remember what kind of Bird's Nest it is, do you?

~Charlie

Very cool, Mike. I tried Clown Gobies twice with no success. I really like those fish and want to try it again but I need to find one on the larger side to give it a fighting chance.

I went by Diablo Corals today and Jess has a lot of very nice looking chalice corals in stock right now. Very hard to pass up on some of those!

~Charlie

Re: Clown gobies - IME, pretty hard to feed due to size. Mine only eats Rod's food and small pieces of mysis. I've seen it try to eat a NLS pellet but it was too large and I don't have the smaller (1mm?) size pellets. Going on 2+ years now.

iCon - What are the other inhabitants of the tank? I lost the first one in the transition to my main tank and the other one got sucked into the overflow. I'm pretty sure my wrasse and blue tang will think of anything that small as live food at this point. I'm very hesitant to try it again even if I could track down a large one.

Piper said:
iCon - What are the other inhabitants of the tank? I lost the first one in the transition to my main tank and the other one got sucked into the overflow. I'm pretty sure my wrasse and blue tang will think of anything that small as live food at this point. I'm very hesitant to try it again even if I could track down a large one.

Inhabitants include a purple tang, potter's angel, blue spotted jawfish and orchid dottyback. (I think that's what's currently in there ..)
Clown goby got sucked down an overflow and into a sump. Happened quite a while ago and the little guy is still going strong... The sump has since departed :)

Back