Cali Kid Corals

El Cubo De Swayd

Hello everyone!
As some of you may know my tank had a small crash recently. Apart from that I wanted to start a tank journal to track progress and growth. This reef has been set-up since March 2014 and moved to my new home in June. Since the I have had many additions to my reef and plan to continue that trend.

The equipment:

24" cube (60 gallons) 1.5" overflow
17 gallon rubbermaid sump :(
Skimmer not working
Biopellets (turned off)
mag9 return pump
mp10
wp25
tunze 6045
Ocean revive s026 LED light
Ehiem jager 150 watts heater
BRS RO/DI system

Water change every other Saturday (10 gallons)
Manual RO/DI top off and feeding every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday

Livestock:
Purple Tile fish
2 clownfish
1 yellow eye kole tang
1 damsel
1 fighting conch
1 turbo snail

10+ frags of zoas
1 chalice
2 favias
1 surviving acro
1 surviving monti
1 duncan colony
1 hammer coral
1 frogspawn
1 torch

This tank will consist mostly of zoas and lps from now on. After the crash I will opt out of most SPS except for the super easy and cheap ones like montis and birdsnests. I am planning on getting a controller sooner than later and when my budget allows me to. I also plan on building a new WIDE stand to be able to fit a 40breeder underneath for frags, sump equipment and chaeto.
Pictures when I get home!

Thanks!

Sorry I meant dose on those days I feed almost everyday. Here are some crappy pics which is all I can manage lol.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409801924.269931.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409801934.651368.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409801945.418131.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409801957.285923.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay!!! Nice to see pictures of your tank :) looks really nice, love your torches. Mine is finally happy after months of throwing up and bleaching and about to upgrade my light.... /sigh back to being an unhappy torch.

Yay!!! Nice to see pictures of your tank :) looks really nice, love your torches. Mine is finally happy after months of throwing up and bleaching and about to upgrade my light.... /sigh back to being an unhappy torch.
Thanks, I want a couple more they definitely give my reef the most movement.

So picked up two new zoa frags on Thursday along with ten hermits. Yesterday I picked up 3 emeralds because I found some bubble algae that came in on a frag I bought. Going to be rescaping soon and gluing zoas on the rocks.

The journey continues as I am now going to try to add a 40B as a sump this weekend. If that fails and does not fit properly I am going to turn the 40B into a sps reef and keep it simple.

I am also looking for a green toadstool if anyone has one for sale. Looking for a smaller one not a full sized beast lol.

I would like to thank @Darcy Vasudev for the great hook up of kenya tree and shrooms this week, my brother loves them!

I would also like to thank @Geneva for the beautiful Toadstool and mushrooms she was so kind to hook me up with. I was so inspired by her beautiful yet simple tank that I went home yesterday and rescaped the entire tank and finally got around to gluing down all of my frags. Only thing I have on the sand bed now is euphylias, chalice and blastos. Will take some pictures if I get home in time tonight before lights out.

Both great people and I appreciate their generosity!

One of the frags from the frag swap finally colored up! It went from brown ugly palys to purple death palys lol. I finally got around to scraping the coraline from the front glass and am now working on the right hand side. My clowns are getting real mean and I now have to wear gloves every time I stick my hand in the tank or else they bite, HARD!
I have also started to dose kalk in my tank through the DIY dripper method from a BRS tutorial. The DIY kalk dripper only holds about 3/4 of a gallon so I wont be having another alk crash anytime soon. Pictures when I get home tonight!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412186396.448874.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412186423.981646.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412186444.847419.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412186478.647530.jpg

I also picked up a frag of darth mauls yesterday. Can't wait to grow these guys out!!!

Back