got ethical husbandry?

Elephant Ear? Mushroom ID Please...

I have a large mushroom that is about 4" or more when fully open. I've been worrying lately that it may be an elephant ear which are sometimes known to eat clowns, so I would like an ID. I don't have a picture of the actual mushroom, but I found 2 pictures on google images of the same type of mushroom. Is it an elephant ear? If not, what is it? Thanks :)

3427719863_eb3d6c900f.jpg

ElephantEars.jpg

I have a green hairy mushroom, and it is about 2.5" with a lot more tentacles. This one eats like a BTA. It has the same inflatable mouth thingy and it closes up in a ball when eating.

It's not an elephant ear but it is a rhodactis sp. which I doubt could eat a clown, but do have powerful stings to some, even some humans.

GreshamH said:
it is a rhodactis sp. which I doubt could eat a clown, but do have powerful stings to some, even some humans.

Should I keep it away from my other corals? How big is it gonna get? I got it at the swap and it has grown quite a bit since I've been feeding it. :bigsmile:

They can get up to like 3-4" in dia. and will harm some corals but will leave others alone. been a while since I kept rhodactis so I'm not the one to ask.

Back