High Tide Aquatics

Elite 12G

I'm not tankless any more. You guys can't make fun of me now ;D ..
Tank: 12G Aquapod
Light: 70W MH Sunpod (piece of crap btw)
Controller: AC Jr
Heater: Jager 100W
Flow: Tunze 6025 and return pump (whatever comes with the tank :D )
Rock: ~ 5lbs dry rock
Sand: ~ 8lbs dry sand
Manual topoff - This is the part I don't like. Any recommend auto topoff system for nano tank?
No skimmer or fuge. I will keep only softy and macroalgae and maybe LPS.
I haven't hook up the ACjr yet. Need to borrow a cable from my friend to program it.

I tossed a small piece of shrimp in there to help with the cycle. I won't put any coral or fish in there until I see coraline growing. Last time it took me about 2.5 months.

Sorry the water is not clear yet. I shouldn't throw away my biowheel filter ::) ..
12G.jpg

yeah I need some ls, macroalgae.. filter floss works :D .. PM me your new address Chris.

BTW, are you done with the watt meter?

Very nice Phong! Why do you call the sumpod piece of crap? I have the same nanopod bought with the same deal at Marinedepot in my office, and I like the sunpod (even though the fan is a little noisy). The only thing I really do not like is their stupid surface skimmer design. For some reason, they made two section of slots below the surface skimmer, the bottom one will suck sand into overflow area, and you need to be very careful not to put too much sand at the bottom. The slots drain so much water which make the surface skimmer totally useless, and I have to put a pice of black acrylic in the tank to block the slots to get rid of the film on top of the water.

Btw, I have chaeto and live sand if you are still looking for them.

Thanks D.! I don't go up there too often now. I will be at 101 California this Friday though.

Sup Tong.. I hate the fan :D .. I need to go buy a quiet fan to replace it but I don't know it would be strong enough to pull out the heat. I wish they make the ballast external. That would be much better. I will block the bottom hole. I'm getting the film too. I have to drain the tank now.. Thanks Tong :D ..

You can block both the lower and middle slots and just use the top one for overflow. Between that and your power head, the film will go away.

Some people like to put Hydors on the return. Plus use an MJ900 return pump. The stock one runs hot.

Just rig an ato with a kit from aquahub; get a piece of acrylic and use some weld-on to attach the switch(es) instead of using their molder. Manual top off on small tanks sucks.

Thanks Norman... I will cover the two bottom holes. I do have a hydro somewhere. I have MJ900 too but not sure it's working. I don't have heat problem yet but it's only like 65-80 degree outside.

Hehehe.. Thanks for the Tunze Sam.. :)

ACjr controller. I unplug my heater so we will see. Even the heater is the problem it shouldn't cause that. Unless the heater kick in and can't turn off by itself but then that would cause the temp rise much higher. I don't know.. I'm a little lost. ;D .. maybe the power cable interfere with the controller and cause the reading all weird. Oh my pH hasn't drop below 8.4 yet even when the light goes off.

Phong, I have my nanopod up and running for half a year now, and never had the temp above 81F. I run the stock return pump plus a Koralia Nano. Try to turn off you tunze and return pump one at a time, and see if the temp comes down. If not, I bet it is your thermostat on Neptune that need calibration.

fishnfst, it's not the return pump but I'm change that anyway. Need more flow out of that thing. I haven't hook up the fan yet.

Tong, I calibrated the probe today. I don't have the tunze running yet.

It's the heater. I set it at 77 but I think it's out of wack. Why the temp drops when the light kick in, I don't know ???. If I unplug the heater, the temp drops down to 76 or lower. I'm hooking everything up to the controller now. We will see.

Back