High Tide Aquatics

email alerts

Hi,

I used to get email alerts from subscribed threads and inbox messages, but I've stopped getting them a while ago.
What do I need to do to troubleshoot this?

Under your username (right side of menu bar) is 'Preferences'.

Is the 'Options' section set to send you email?

There is also a 'Contact Details' to check if your email addy is correct.

Did that get it?

Also
I've received PM's from people who are not supporting members.
I was under the impression that that was a privilege of supporting (paying) membership
Am I wrong?

What about PM? I don't get it emails for any PM either.
I manually set the watch thread and choose to send email, but never got.
I used to get them. It stopped a few days ago. My last email was 06/23.

I get emails for pms still. So I'm assuming its some setting, or a glitch or something. Maybe pm denzil and ask.

PMs are allowed for all registered users. We want to encourage everyone to use our forum. :)
Denzil - I went to my account, selected Contact Details, Messaging Preferences. I see a section Accept Conversations From "Members Only" or "People You Follow Only". You must select one or the other but is this feature now disabled?!

Did you check Contact Details, Privacy, and Alert Preferences? Please go through all of those sections and make sure notifications are enabled to your liking if you haven't already. Let me know if you still aren't getting notifications and I can try to troubleshoot with you 1:1. Also, please check to make sure your email filters aren't filtering out emails from our forum too.

Denzil - I went to my account, selected Contact Details, Messaging Preferences. I see a section Accept Conversations From "Members Only" or "People You Follow Only". You must select one or the other but is this feature now disabled?!
I don't follow... what do you mean it's disabled? Is it grayed out where you can't select between Members Only and People You Follow Only?

Did you check Contact Details, Privacy, and Alert Preferences? Please go through all of those sections and make sure notifications are enabled to your liking if you haven't already. Let me know if you still aren't getting notifications and I can try to troubleshoot with you 1:1. Also, please check to make sure your email filters aren't filtering out emails from our forum too.

I don't follow... what do you mean it's disabled? Is it grayed out where you can't select between Members Only and People You Follow Only?
You said: PMs are allowed for all registered users. Does this now mean guests as well or only supporting members because there are only two options - members only and people you follow only? There is no option to allow everyone so that is why I asked if this option is even valid?

So, to make things even weirder, I got one email yesterday about Geneva replying to my DBTC, but I never got any message of this thread nor my 2 PMs :(
This thread is being watched, before anyone asks.

You said: PMs are allowed for all registered users. Does this now mean guests as well or only supporting members because there are only two options - members only and people you follow only? There is no option to allow everyone so that is why I asked if this option is even valid?
"Registered users" means if you signed up for the forum, you're a registered user.

"Members only" means all registered users.

"People you follow only" is pretty self explanatory... not sure how to explain that any further...

Back