Our mission

Erick's 57G LED Tank

Moving in to a new place means upgrade!

Just bought a new tank from Neptune and added water. There was a plumbing fail but we got it under control, checked the skimmer this morning it was overflowing so I turned it off, I'll check on it again when I get home.

Lights - Two 42W Ecoxotic Retro 36 LED System, One 24” Reef Brite Blue LED.
Skimmer - Bubble Magus NAC 7 Cone Skimmer
Return Pump - EHEIM Compact Plus 5000 Pump
Tank Dimensions -36 x 18 x 21

My stocking plans for fish are:
Bonded pair of B&W Clowns (already have them in my nano from Fingerwrinkles)
Cryptic six line Wrasse (also already owned and in the nano)
4-6 Zoramia leptacantha (blue streak cardinal)
Trio of Carpenter's Wrasse. (one male two female)

Aquascaping plan is to have a nice ledge or two for the cardinals, sand cove on one end, rock wall on opposite end, kind of in an "S" shape from left to right.

Coral plans:
Going to try some acros and montis only concern is if my LEDs will actually grow them, majority of the tank will be LPS though.

Looks great so far Erick! The skimmer should be going crazy during the initial setup of the tank. That's normal. There's probably still a lot of organic crap in the water that cause that. Temporarily using egg crate to elevate the skimmer about and inch or so until most organic material is removed should help.

Also, if you don't mind, let me know how the plumbing failed. The shop need to know if this is a quality issue that needs to be improved or not.

Also...there's seems to be a lot of light leakage between the cabinet doors. I'll get you a trim to fix that.

Finally...can you post pics of the sump? After all, that's the best part.... :bigsmile:

Again, Thanks a bunch for your business. Let me know if there's anything you need anything.

Robert

Thanks for the feedback Erick. The bulkhead shouldn't be over tighten as it can crack the glass in the future if so. If you are referring to the bulk head gaskets, you only need one per bulkhead and it should be on the wet side (inside the overflow chamber). There were two in the overflow chamber when we carried out the tank to the truck. If you still need one, I have some in the shop.

Got live rock from Arnold's friend, and added it in, tomorrow I start the breakdown of my nano and some more rock to the new tank. My nano has about 30lbs of rock in it and I plan on finishing the right side with it, and maybe find some pieces to make an arch.

I am being a little aggressive with the progress, crossing my fingers it doesn't bite me in the a**, I need to get my old tank torn down by the end of the month, it's still at my old residence.

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/photo_7.jpg

Looking good!
Once your corals grow in you may have too much rock!
I recently pulled about 20% of my rock out to make room for more light to get through.

Back