High Tide Aquatics

Eric's 100 gallon adventure. (Formally 40g)

So I got a long-spined urchin and this guy is a algae bulldozer. This pic is from just one night of his work.
20201007_073248.jpg

Got pretty scared after reading all these stories about Nem's getting into power heads. Today I installed two NemProtect guards on both my mp10s.
20201009_151028.jpg

Well that sucks... I come home from work and I'm missing a baby clownfish I just got from @Cheedo. I originally got him so the single clown in my biocube would have a buddy, that didn't work out to great. So I threw him in this tank with the large female and other baby from @Cheedo and the three of them got along great. Now it's just gone. Not in the overflow, not in the sump, not on the ground. Hmmm

Well that sucks... I come home from work and I'm missing a baby clownfish I just got from @Cheedo. I originally got him so the single clown in my biocube would have a buddy, that didn't work out to great. So I threw him in this tank with the large female and other baby from @Cheedo and the three of them got along great. Now it's just gone. Not in the overflow, not in the sump, not on the ground. Hmmm
Ugh no fun. Thanks for sharing the good and bad new though.
The clowns may have bullied the baby and it may have ended up as a snack for the nem? If you don’t have a lid, check all around the tank in about a 5’ radius, when I had a jumper I found them surprisingly far from the tank. After that I ordered a lid, it’s sad losing our fish friends.

The clowns may have bullied the baby and it may have ended up as a snack for the nem? If you don’t have a lid, check all around the tank in about a 5’ radius, when I had a jumper I found them surprisingly far from the tank. After that I ordered a lid, it’s sad losing our fish friends.

The one that's missing is the one that's been in the tank a month now. You would think if bullying happens it would be done to the one that's only been in there a couple days. I'm thinking it jumped and my cat hid it somewhere.

And I bought a screen kit from @ashburn2k at the swap. I just havent built it yet.

I moved the rock my bta is attached to a little lower in the tank and already she looks much happier.
20201022_072011.jpg

This left me with a lot of room on the upper rocks where she was.
20201022_072021.jpg

So I made a minor adjustment on my lights and mp10s two days ago and as of last night I have an anemone walking around my tank. At 5:30 this morning it was getting really close to my birdnest. Luckily the birdnest is blocking it from my new rainbow Pocillopora... hopefully this nem finds it's new happy place soon.

Back