Event ideas for next hosted event at Fish Doctor in Pacifica.

Discussion in 'Fish Doctor' started by fishdoctor, Nov 21, 2017.

1. fishdoctor

fishdoctor Sponsor Staff Member

Hello and happy Turkey week all.
    Thanks again all who came out and supported our first BAR hosted event "fragging coral / propitiation workshop" last month.
    I would like to host another workshop and am open to your ideas for content.
    Some thoughts I have for the workshop include custom plumbing design and installation, water chemistry and water testing, electrical design and safety. Wishing you all a happy Turkey day, gobble gobble.
    Pictures of frags from last event healing up quickly, time to cut some more.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranjib Dey, JVU and Coral reefer like this.
  2. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

What about a buckets full of water carrying contest? Maybe through a course with obstacles and such?
    Nah, never mind. Me and mike would dominate that!

fishdoctor likes this.
  3. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

How about a remote demonstration. How to properly rewire (neatly) and re-plumb (with cool colored pipes) and clean my tank? Just as a demonstration of course so others can learn......

fishdoctor and Kim Pattison like this.
  4. fishdoctor

Open to both of those ideas.. how about a bristle worm prickling contest..
    whoever can take the most bristle worm spines in their hand wins... and I have been practicing so you better start now

5. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

Kudos to Fish Doc for reaching out for get together ideas

Coral reefer and fishdoctor like this.
  6. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

I will go head to head on this. My hands are like leather and have very little sensitivity

fishdoctor likes this.
  7. fishdoctor

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Some inspiration for you Mark B.
    I'll be collecting any worms I see just for this challenge. Lol

Looking for more ideas for the first annual Fish Doctor stupid Reefer award.. let's hear those ideas yall.

On a semi serious note, I am wanting to do something new that challenges everyone in the group to learn hands on. Yes Bruce great idea, so you are nominated to help this event be a proper class/webinar if that interests you let's talk more about this. I'm sure you aren't the only one this would appeal to, worth looking into.

8. JVU

JVU Supporting Member

I think what Bruce was trying to suggest is that a bunch of members who’ve never done it before should learn how by redoing the wiring and plumbing on his tank? Brave and noble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

9. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

If you ever run across any larger bristle worms - say from 3"-12" we would be interested in them for our cryptic tank.

10. Bruce Spiegelman

Yes! I'm willing to make that sacrifice for the good of the club.

11. fishdoctor

I have plans on building new shop display tank (clownfish bio type) and adding a new coral grow out tank. Anyone interested in a hands on work shop about tank builds? I'm interested in hosting another event if there is interest. On another note, free frags will be part of all my hosted events so bring some to share and go home with new coral. It's time to get started on something new and I'd love to share the experience with the club. Thoughts?
    Happy holidays you all.

tankguy likes this.
  12. Bruce Spiegelman

Sounds fun. Great idea. I'd be interested.

13. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

Yep Im liking it too