Cali Kid Corals

Excited and hello

FireFighterReefer

Supporting Member
Hello,
I’ve owned a 90G reef tank for years and now I have finally for some time to focus more on it. I am a father of 2 kids and life and work has gotten so busy that my tank has suffered but doing ok now. Im glad I found this forum to meet people and get help on my new adventure. I’m about to upgrade to a Waterbox 180.5 I will be using much of my old equipment. sump w socks, skimmer, and Cheato. Would anyone recommend or have experience with a reactor? Needed? Thank you all for this forum. Looking forward to meeting other hobbiest.

will start a tank journal.. great idea!! congrats on 3rd! I thought this was an expensive hobby till I had kids. Lol . I have a 15 and 17 year old. daughter off to college to play ball On scholarship soon here in the Bay Area….. Super excited . Thank for the advise.

Lot's of us will have lot's of opinions. A reactor is a great way to run carbon or gfo. I use the brs jumbo one as it is good for my system size, but you could get away with a smaller one.

There are a few ways to deal with aiptasia. My personal favorite 2 are either squirting a small amount of alkalinity solution on the aiptasia with the flow off for a minute, or peppermint shrimp from salty bottom reef co. Aiptasia eating file fish can work depending on what corals it has a taste for as well.

There are a few ways to deal with aiptasia. My personal favorite 2 are either squirting a small amount of alkalinity solution on the aiptasia with the flow off for a minute, or peppermint shrimp from salty bottom reef co. Aiptasia eating file fish can work depending on what corals it has a taste for as well.
+1 to peppermint shrimp. You need at least a dozen of them for them to actually eat aptasia.

Back