Cali Kid Corals

Finally got some tank pics up!!

under_water_ninja

High Tide Aquatics
LFS Owner
Alright here we go! Finally posting a tank thread! My camera is not the greatest, I am hoping for a new one for x-mas! Also I have a bunch of Hawaiian Strombus snail eggs on glass so I hadn't cleaned the glass in about a month.

System
-JBJ 24gl Nano Cube
-Sapphire Skimmer in chamber 1
-Fuge in chamber 2(live rock, cheato, few hermits, snails) Took the hinges for the light off the tank and slid the light back a little bit to get light into the fuge. It has been great as I am waiting to either plumb a sump or upgrade.
-150wt mh
-1200 return pump
-2 koralia nanos on wavemaker timer for flow

Parameters
-Ammonia-0
-Nitrates-0
-Nitrites-0
-Ph- 8.1
-Alk 3.75
-calcium-420-450
-phosphates undetected(use phosguard once a week, but have cut off since the snail babies are hatching).

DSC01909.jpg

DSC01887.jpg

DSC01888.jpg

DSC01889.jpg

DSC01891.jpg

DSC01893.jpg

DSC01895.jpg

DSC01896.jpg

DSC01897.jpg

DSC01898.jpg

DSC01900.jpg

DSC01901.jpg

DSC01904.jpg

DSC01902.jpg

DSC01899.jpg

DSC01903.jpg

Forgot to add the livestock'
pair of ora Percs
1 orange spot watchman
various hermits, couple emerald crabs, nazirous snails, strombus snails, turbos, etc.

Nice tank Ken. I love the frogspawn tree. :)

Looks like your going to fill up your tank with all the coral today.

Did you get those Strombus Snails from IPSF in Hilo, Hawaii? They will multiply like crazy. I use to have them, but they multiplied so much that they were getting stuck onto my pumps and powerhead impellers. So, it got rid of them. But its so cool to see the eggs on the glass every week.

My camera sucks!!!! Sony cybershot about 3 years old, unless I just cant get the settings right! I am definitely not a photographer! Anyways, when I got that purple and green polyp birdsnest it was pretty white but it has small polyps all over it? What should I do with this guy? You can see the polyps but you can only see the color in certain angles, definitely when the sun hits the tank you can see the colors!! Those polys are bright pink with a black ring. The goniopora I have had about 10 days now and seems to be doing great! Any suggestions and keeping these guys happy and healthy, I know they are pretty touchy! I have 2, the one in the pic is a pink with white spot and there is another in the bottom right, a fiery red goniopora.

Back