Cali Kid Corals

First post and a little offf topic...looking for dwarf cuttlefish

Hi! Nice to meet everyone.

I'm in Castro Valley have a 20g reef (mostly lps and softies) and have been in the hobby on and off for the past 15 years.

So, I'm trying very hard to find anyone who is selling dwarf cuttlefish in the area. I know there are a few guys in SF that have had some success with breeding in the past, but have no contacts. Any help with some leads it would be most appreciated. :)

Welcome. Thales is a very good resource for information. I don't know if he has them for sale. Also Paradox has grown them. Good luck.

www.tonmo.com

www.daisyhillcuttlefarm.com (Thales)

www.thetentacleparadox.com/CuttleFarmArmy-About.htm (Paradox)

I don't know of anyone who has any available for public consumption at this time. I am working on supplying LiveAquaria with animals bred at work, but if that works out they won't be available for at least another month. Its also the wrong time of year for wild eggs.

Actually I just saw some eggs on the QM list - you could ask Derek at Oceans Treasures or Robert from Neptune to order them from you. Raising hatchlings is challenging....:D

I did. I poured over your website also. Loved the videos, by the way.

I regularly collect amphipods and copes from the area, so feeding them while young shouldnt be an issue. I've found some very productive spots and will have a tank set up especially for the food production. I'm up for the challenge and was really looking for a new area to expand the hobby into. I've loved cuttles ever since I first saw one in the wild in the Philippines but never saw them in the hobby until now.

I'm sure it wont be easy, but nothing that is fun ever really is. :)

Cool! Get the August issue of TFH...its got a new article with some more up to date info on feeding and groups. 20 gallon is not going to be good for more than 1 adult cuttle. If you cant find it let me know and I'll send you the text.

Back