Neptune Aquatics

Float switch?

I once saw a really cheap (~$10) float switch from somewhere online and it had a really obvious web address too... like www.floatswitch.com or something (not so obvious because that one doesn't work). Anyone have any ideas of the place I'm talking about?

He Mike, just a simple DIY that I did was to glue an old Magnetic scraper to the switch then use this to attach to the sump wall, that way you can easily move it up and down :)

I read in MARS forum that you have to install some kind of relay for these switches otherwise they burn up pretty fast.

Not a problem here for me as I'd never send 110vac thru my floatswitches. I have roughly 20 going into my new system + old system, and all will be 24vdc. You can see my relay system here: :D

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=842366

Dang .....
I want one ... That thing looks sick.. No way in the world I can make something like that. :(

Can you get the guy make for our club?? :D

They don't manufacturer that PLC any longer in the states unfortunatly. It's not very cheap either, overly complicated and beyond a bitch to program. He works for Siemens and had some co-workers help him write the program for it (programmed the PLC via software). The real kicker is, I still need to find some one to write me an app. to graph/controll via the web :(

Back