got ethical husbandry?

For those who haven't seen Triton test results.

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
Just got some back and thought it might be helpful for some to see what you get back and how comprehensive it is for results and for "fixes."

Attachments

• Triton results 11-6.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 271
Am I missing something? I don't see anything that mentions fixes, simply what a value is compared to what I'm guessing is their "set point" and then a green or yellow color indicator

Edit: damn ninja post

So when it tells you to dose say Molyedium or whatever, I'm guessing they sell a specific product that does it? Which isn't the critique but are we now going to start looking at 20 head dosers for everything? :D Or is the specific gravity of these dosed products close enough to water that you can use a scale with 0.01g accuracy and just weigh everything out?

So when it tells you to dose say Molyedium or whatever, I'm guessing they sell a specific product that does it? Which isn't the critique but are we now going to start looking at 20 head dosers for everything? :D Or is the specific gravity of these dosed products close enough to water that you can use a scale with 0.01g accuracy and just weigh everything out?

Most of those products are available from them, Red Sea, Kent, etc. In the case of trace elements those usually just have to be "reacted' too and brought to level once in a very great while. You only need four dosing heads if you're using the Triton method though and then some occasional balancing.

Interesting that the fixes lists corrective fixes, but doesn't list the daily maintenance dose for some of them (e.g. molybdenum). Gonna interesting to be able to find a doser that can go down to such resolution or does Triton require you to manually dose the maintenance by hand, similar to zeo?

Most of those products are available from them, Red Sea, Kent, etc. In the case of trace elements those usually just have to be "reacted' too and brought to level once in a very great while. You only need four dosing heads if you're using the Triton method though and then some occasional balancing.
I use 3 heads for the Triton method, mixing 3a and 3b together.

Bruce, I’m curious are you actually going to do all those little micro-dose corrections listed? Some of them seem more reasonable than others.

There is no daily dose for those because they are included in the Triton mix which requires 4 separate dosing heads and equal amounts of Part A - Part D each day. The fixes are simply to correct any deviance. These small deviance's occurred over 4 months. Your maintenance doses of all of them are ongoing and part of the mix.

I use 3 heads for the Triton method, mixing 3a and 3b together.

Bruce, I’m curious are you actually going to do all those little micro-dose corrections listed? Some of them seem more reasonable than others.

Honestly as long as they are still in the green I won't bother. I'll reevaluate after the next test though. There may be a few I do though since I think I have some of those elements here already.

So you double dose the Part C and D mixture then per day? No issues with that?

Most of those products are available from them, Red Sea, Kent, etc. In the case of trace elements those usually just have to be "reacted' too and brought to level once in a very great while.
But is the dilution of Red Sea, Kent, Triton et.al the same? Otherwise 14.79mL of Mo isn't going to be the same across brands

Gonna interesting to be able to find a doser that can go down to such resolution or does Triton require you to manually dose the maintenance by hand, similar to zeo?
Yeah, that's why I wondered about the specific gravity of these things, if it's close to water than 14.79mL = 14.79 grams and getting scales with that level of accuracy isn't that hard (or expensive) and if it's a monthly dose type thing, no big deal nor need for a doser.

So you double dose the Part C and D mixture then per day? No issues with that?
To be clear, I’m talking about the Core7 components, not the older ones. But yes, it is made to be able to do that. That’s why the components are labeled 1, 2, 3a, 3b.

The reason they split 3 into 3a and 3b is because they want to keep it simple and have everything dosed the same amount for those who prefer it that way. 3a+3b is the alkalinity (plus other stuff) and they couldn’t make it any more concentrated to match the dosing of 1 and 2, so they split it into 2 parts.

I'm guessing Triton is basically a "Randy's 3 part" type of mixture in which case the magnesium is split between magnesium sulfate and magnesium chloride (I forget the exact mix), which explains why they do part 3a and 3b.

I'm guessing Triton is basically a "Randy's 3 part" type of mixture in which case the magnesium is split between magnesium sulfate and magnesium chloride (I forget the exact mix), which explains why they do part 3a and 3b.

They include other trace elements other than just magnesium, alk and ca.

Yes. There’s about 30 other trace elements and such. It’s kind of an idiot proof way of all-in-one dosing. It has made my tank the most stable it’s ever been.

Back