got ethical husbandry?

Frag Plugs?

Dyngoe

Supporting Member
Hey All,

Anyone know where to get some nice frag plugs? Gresham had some that were real nice, but I don't know if those were for sale or personal use.

D

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=1972.msg19602#msg19602 date=1177603729]
I have more :)
[/quote]

Are those the cool plastic ones?

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=1972.msg19620#msg19620 date=1177647918]
the filter guys also sells them in good amounts =)
[/quote]

whose the filter guy?

I will be in Oakland/Alemeda tomorrow and I have probably another 200 (maybe less) plastic ones left. PM me for my phone number and we can arrange where to meet. There is a slight chance I can not make make it, just slight though.

I'll be at the BA-CFM this sunday if anyone wants any of these plugs :) I'll bring what I have left!

Hey Gresham,

I might meet you there before it starts if that's OK. I assume you'll be there setting up. I didn't get a ticket since I thought I'd be out riding, so I can meet you outside. Thanks for following up on this. I'm sure you've been busy.

D

email me at gresham@reefnutrition.com and we'll work out how to get these to you :)

I know this is not an elegant looking frag plug, but I have been using plastic screw anchors and drilled holes in a 1/2" sheet of acrylic to hold them. once the frags have encrusted the frag recipient may trim the plastic down and super glue the plug to the rock. in a few weeks if all goes well you will not see any sign of the plastic.

I was using the ceramic plugs from the filter guys for a while. then I saw a local store using the anchors, I thought wow, that will save a lot of money and you can color code them :D

I'm not sure of the size, I found them in boxes at lowes, the blue and green colored ones were a good size.

edit: I did a search, this is the size I was using, the link to ebay is for 20K of them. that should last a little while hehe.

ebay

ok I can't get the link to work, but they are #12-16 plastic screw anchors

Wanna bring back some of the Coral Cradles Jon? I'll send you home with a bunch if so :)

Hey Gresham,

Are those "cradles" the plugs I've been longing for? Whenever you get your hands on those again I'll by some off you.

Back