Neptune Aquatics

Fragging chalices...

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
Perry's thread got me thinking of chalices, I'm not a big chalice person myself, I have a few, but my growth is kind of so-so on most. However with the swap coming up I started to think a bit more about some of what I might bring.

Question 1: How big do you usually want to wait before fragging a chalice? I know it's really subjective, but what's a good size to start fragging?

Chalice one: The alien one, has a ton of eyes on it, however the size is a bit small (use frag disc as a reference). It's not exactly a fast growing one either (I don't feed it actively mind you).
alieninvader.jpg

Chalice two: Great balls of fire mochachino chalice (aka BAR chalice #something). Again a bunch of eyes, but the over all width is about as big as a a frag plug (it's a bit tall too, like a gumdrop shape.
barchal.jpg

Question 2: Where do you frag around if you don't know where the mouths are?

Chalice three: One I got ages ago, it's blue-grey, it's fairly big, but I don't see eye/mouth one on the damn thing, and never have. So where would you chop that up? I realize that "chalice" really is a very generic term, and all might not have the same features, but it should have some sort of feeding mechanism shouldn't it?
blue.jpg

One thing I will and others will warn you about. Don't cut them too often or too much. You can and will loose them that way.

Mark, surely you have stuff way better than this, plus you don't have any room in your tank :p

Bryan, as soon as I patch up the rowboat I'll try to make it down :D I was more concerned about should I frag them up (first two) due to size, and what do I frag of the last one.

I'll see what I can to make a care package of things to be fragged and maybe swing on down... of course I might have to dust off my frag tank too, since there ain't room in my tank.

I really don't want to frag them much, hell since I got the alien chalice at the last swap (6ish months ago) it hasn't grown terribly much, but I figured since the swap was coming up I'd see what I could do about putting in some OTS into the swap (Other Than Sticks)

Back