High Tide Aquatics

Free Acros

Hi all,

These were bought from Cal Reef Co. in Fremont as 20 dollar frags half a year ago. What I did was cut off the tops and glued them to my rockwork and left the nubs/stumps to encrust on the plugs on a frag rack. The free Acros are the nubs encrusted on the plugs ( The tops I'm going to give to my friend who got me started on this reefing addiction, Boun). There's tenuis, sarmentosa, and some other ones I dunno their names but I got one of everything from Cal Reef Co., so they are Reef Raft Acros.

If you have easy coral extras to offer, I would appreciate it greatly, but it is not necessary to receive free acros.

First come first serve, Pickup in Union City.

Last edited:
LOL... didn't I just give you a bunch of acros? Like last week?

Hi Vincent,

I'm keeping the Montis you gave me and the birdsnests, for those I really appreciate and I think I can successfully keep those. :) The purple tort I gave to Bruce Spiegelman and the Cobbs Calacali I'm going to try to grow out. Thanks again, Vincent.

Hi Vincent,

I'm keeping the Montis you gave me and the birdsnests, for those I really appreciate and I think I can successfully keep those. :) The purple tort I gave to Bruce Spiegelman and the Cobbs Calacali I'm going to try to grow out. Thanks again, Vincent.
Vincent, since you seem to be da man...any opinion as to whether the copps Calacali is a bonus coral? Trying to plan what I bring to the frag swap.

The free acros are wild ones from Reef Raft. Another member explained to me that LFS's buy wild colonies then cut them up and sell the frags because that's how they make their money. I'm told wild caught are more sensitive to tank conditions. I've noticed if I look at them too long, they can RTN on me while everything else in the tank is fine. I'd rather give them to someone who has a super stable tank parameters where they can thrive rather than chase numbers to make them happy. I'm super grateful for all the frags I received from vhuang, bruce, a nd will... and I'm putting those frags in place of the ones my reef raft acros used to hold, as i have limited real estate. Basically I'm trying to pay it forward Hope that clears up the confusion....

Giving away the easy ones you picked up from me a

Do you have a picture of your Copps Calicali?
Here you go.

176ff1a46a5c56dd626cd797f57a697b.jpg

634ac0ee25a332af40b8c1e5e6c5b539.jpg

Back