Our mission

Free Fire-Belly Frogs & Tank

jonmos75

Supporting Member
We have a three fire-belly toads. Believe they are around 8 years old. Tank included but needs a cleaning.

Tank size is 12 x 12 x 13 (LxDxH)

Can Pickup In Santa Cruz or I bring to a tomorrows BAR event.....or possible future BAR events

438f99bc655a3eabcd84347dedbbbf70.jpg

d7a738687a0cb94ea92b6e32746088ac.jpg

99e732f93ffc2674db09e3216694205d.jpg

c687414ed41dad5c3c8e6fd84a621e79.jpg

My son has wanted something like this setup for a long time. What is needed to care for them? How often do you feed them? Are they noisy? Can they be handled or is it best to leave them in their enclosure? Do they need a heater or special lighting? Thanks.

How often does the water need to be changed? What temperature range can they be in? Do they move slowly or are they hyper and jumpy?
Is that old for frogs? Nice job with their care!

They are easy to care for...
We feed them 12 baby crickets weekly, but they can go longer...
They stay in the enclosure as they are not to be handled without washing your hand thoroughly...
They have a quite chirp that they sometimes make
No heater or special light is needed unless you wanted to do that for them
We currently clean the tank 1-2 months and just top off the water that evaporates when needed
They are slow moving frogs
They need room temperature but don't know the range
I think they live about 12 years

Sounds very cool for ddrueckh's son. If he declines I would love them for school. We already get crickets weekly for geckos, tarantula, tree frogs in room next door. (Sounds way better than the chameleon we wanted that eats 100+ crickets per week - no way.)

Thank you for the offer but I am going to pass. Between the reef tank, fresh water tank, dog, bird and snake...we have enough pets to care for. My son has wanted frogs, but he will have to wait. I'm sure Maureen's class would love the new addition.

That would be great Jon! LFS Diablo Corals is also having a swap sooner; let me know if you plan on attending that b/c it's in my neck of the woods.

Maureen I will not be attending the Diablo Coral event as living is Santa Cruz the BAR events a long distance, just let me if you are going to the next BAR event and I will bring it with me...

Good to know they will be going to a good home....:)

Back