Our mission

Free Miyagi Tort COLONY for members only

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
Five to six inch Miyagi Tort colony free to a member that has a successful SPS tank. It's a beautiful colony -- except it's browned out for now. When I removed a bunch of colonies from my frag tank to move to the SPS DT my alk spiked and caused this and a few other corals to brown out. I've always found that Miyagi Tort will brown if I look at it cross-eyed, but colors back up in two months or so. I'm including a pic for size reference only. Color = brown although I have noticed the interior greening back up slightly.

Pick-up in Walnut Creek or I can bring to the event on Saturday. Myigi Tort colonies can get pretty expensive so to make this fair it's available to any member with a successful mixed or SPS tank. We'll do it with a random "draw". If you want it post a tank picture and then a number - any rational between 1 and 100 out to one decimal place (ie 54.3.) I'll run a random generator Friday night and whomever is closest gets it.

IMG_5373.JPG

I tried to download a pic. at least 15 times and this stupid website just wont let me do it. Perhaps it is a sign that I am not to have the Miyagi. :(
Perhaps upload a .jpg instead of downloading a "pic."
:p
Sorry, could not resist. Error message? Browser? Image size/format? We are here to help.

Hard to tell what the actual colors are on the colony. Here's what the Copps' blueberry Miyagi looks like.

copps_blueberry_miyagi_120717.jpg

Not in the best of shape at the moment due to a recent alk spike.

Back