Kessil

From RC to BAR clone

Hello Fishermen!

Just wanna shout to u all, heard this is better than RC so here I am. LOL

Oh yeah, I am old school and ain't a Guru. Still learning with this hobby especially I was out for 11 yrs and just started again few months ago, all for my kids ( that's what I said to the Queen)

Really amazed how this hobby improved with HighTech stuff!!!

Current system:
-400 G Mixed Reef (still young but got old LRs in it, 3months)
-100 DIY sump with Skimz Monster PS
-120 G FOWLR (using it as my QT for my 400G, < 1 month in operation)

Cheers!

Welcome Edwin!
I'm sure you will find lots of BAR members very helpful in your quest for a successful reef aquarium. We're all here to help each other.

cheers Doggie

As the other have stated Welcome to Club...not sure if you have seen yet but we are have a BIG Frag swap this weekend if you can make it I KNOW it will be a lot of fun!!!!

Welcome to BAR. Yea, you'll find out soon why BAR is so cool ;) Would love to see some pics of your saltwater swimming pool!

Welcome welcome!

We have fun events in person and online so be on the look out for those.

Tomorrow's frag swap is actually the biggest event of the year for this club.

Attendance is expected to be around 100 people.

Thank you for the warmth welcome! Looking forward to meeting and swapping some frags with you all.

It's a 8 footer tank and quite a challenge to set up. The plan was to be energy efficient minimizing the use of electricity. Initial design was to use 2 pumps and pskimmer and rest are wattage independent. Surge tanks on both sides would simulate the waves and energy from the water tank heater would provide heat to the AQ via heat rated PEX tubing coil. Solar tube was in mind but the $$$$$ was way over my head. Due to time constraint, I plunge to do the conventional way (at least for now) and buy all the gadgets. As noted, the tank has been running for 3+ months with the help of fellow local reefers, it's been doing good, knock on the wood.

The kids are enjoying it and they couldn't wait until I place all the fish from the QT.

Cleaning crew: I got 4 little ones with snorkeling gear ready for action. LoL

Photos: will do...

Cheers.

Back