Jestersix

Frozen Prawns

Anyone know where I can get small frozen ghost shrimp/prawns? I'm looking for something like this:
http://www.onlinepetdepot.com/jersey-frozen-prosalt-prawn-10oz-p-8928.html
Do any of our sponsors carry them?

I have weaned my frogfish from live ghost shrimp onto ghost shrimp that I have frozen. Now I'm looking for pre-fozen ones so I can stop buying live.

PS. I tried the grocery store, but they're all too big. (except the ones that are peeled, which I tried and found aren't 'shrimpy' enough for him)

There are fresh cocktail sized shrimp available from Mexico that do not have a preservatives, they ain't cheap, but they taste incredible. If you want I can ask my supplier about prices on smaller quantities, they sell the product in 5lb containers, if I can get a deal I'd be willing to take quite a few of the lot as they taste amazing ;)

tuberider said:
There are fresh cocktail sized shrimp available from Mexico that do not have a preservatives, they ain't cheap, but they taste incredible. If you want I can ask my supplier about prices on smaller quantities, they sell the product in 5lb containers, if I can get a deal I'd be willing to take quite a few of the lot as they taste amazing ;)

I see it now. 1 for the fish 1 for Jeremy. 1 for the fish, 2 for Jeremy :bigsmile:

I dunno, Jeremy. Nom can swallow whole an animal that's as long as he is.

Oh wait... you can probably do that too, huh? Hmm. ;-)

How expensive is expensive? It would cost me about $40 to order 20oz of those IQF prawns and have them shipped, so if as long as it's less than that I'm in!

Ugh.. Cortez gold Jeremy? You know how destructive that practice is. The sheer tonnage of by-catch is absolutely sick. Look for a US farmed source of "white shrimp".

FWIW ghost shrimp in no way or form ar considered "prawns". How miss leading and down right false marketing.

pixelpixi said:
PS. I tried the grocery store, but they're all too big. (except the ones that are peeled, which I tried and found aren't 'shrimpy' enough for him)

I usually train the froggies to eat the grocery store frozen shrimp by alternating a few cut up pieces in with the grass shrimp that I've frozen.

I let them get used to frozen grass shrimp first, then trick them into eating the "less shrimpy" shrimp.

Back