FS/FT: 1" Mocha Ocellaris

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by kinetic, Nov 25, 2017.

1. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Clearing out my clowns! 1" Mocha ocellaris. Eats everything. Loves to be hosted by anemones.

$10 picked up in Albany, CA

Will trade for:
    1. Hawkins Echinata
    2. Red Planet
    3. Shades of Fall
    4. Pearlberry
    5. Walt Disney (not sure if you'd part with a frag of this for a clown, but just in case you do)
    [​IMG]

2. tankguy

tankguy BOD

If your ever down in Hayward let me know. I’ll cut ya a piece of the Pearlberry

3. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

That works! Though I might not be able to come down to you until maybe Wednesday or the weekend?

4. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

So Art, do you regret getting all those different clowns now?

5. tankguy

tankguy BOD

sure just let me know

6. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Regret? Not really. It was awesome to have them. Before the magnifica it was great. After the magnifica the little ones started battling it out since the bonded pair weren't doing much. I suspect they would've figured out a dominant one out of the bunch and mellowed out. I think I regret starting to remove the most aggressive one. To be honest, the first most aggressive one wasn't even that aggressive. Now dwindling down to fewer and fewer they are getting more and more aggressive towards one another. If I were to do it again, I'd get a lot more clowns to start, and let them battle it out a bit before starting to break them up.

7. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Sold!

8. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Yeah I didn't want to say anything but I didn't have high hopes of all those clown co-existing. Maybe if the anemone was super large like entire tank large there'd be enough room, however you kind of just SF apartmented them by putting 8 guys in a 2 bedroom 1 bath place :D

kinetic likes this.
  9. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

I went in knowing it wouldn't necessarily turn out well. My hopes weren't that high, I tried not to let my girlfriend name any of them (too late), but glad I've been able to keep a close eye on them and learn a lot while not really hurting anything in the meantime. Though it wasn't a success, I learned quite a bit about the group. I think I might try another approach, but my biggest worry is that there aren't enough reefers in the area for new clownfish =) Think a LFS like AC would take them?