Reef nutrition

Get ornamental

svreef

Webmaster
BOD
So, I just bought this.

A9DC2EC0-F546-49BA-A4EA-D0B1F4B10399.jpeg

If you’ll notice, it doesn’t have a hood ornament. It needs one. It has to be fish themed. It has to be metal - hopefully chrome. Ideas...go...

My first thought was Barracuda or Moray...but where? How?
Well depending upon how much work you want to put into it. You could 3d print what you want, create a silicone mold negative of that, then a wax mold of that, do a sand casting negative of the wax, then melt the wax out and pour in molten metal and WAM! Hood ornament (in need of some cleaning)... easy right?

Well depending upon how much work you want to put into it. You could 3d print what you want, create a silicone mold negative of that, then a wax mold of that, do a sand casting negative of the wax, then melt the wax out and pour in molten metal and WAM! Hood ornament (in need of some cleaning)... easy right?
I’m in.

SLS (Selective Laser Sintering) is another good method for rapid metal prototyping. You can SLS 316 stainless steel for good corrosion resistance. I like the aluminum casting idea above, but I am not as familiar with that process. Both sound like viable final manufacturing methods depending on desired final material.

Back