Neptune Aquatics

Good/cheap tablet for dedicated Apex display?

IOnceWasLegend

Frag Swap Coordinator
BOD
Since I'll be trying to automate our display tank, I thought it'd be nice to have a little 'status display' on the side of the tank. Don't want to spend a lot on it though, so does anyone have any recs for a decent single-purpose tablet?

Thanks!

I bought a used ipad mini 2 since Neptune seems to work well with apple products. It is the second apple product I own after a 2007 Ipod video. $50 for the fire seems like a great deal too.

I got a fire tablet when everyone was making a big deal about how great it is for this use a few years ago. It isn’t good at all for this use in my opinion unless something has changed. There’s no app for Apex so you are accessing through their mediocre browser, which doesn’t keep you logged in.

It’s easier for me to walk to the other side of my house to get my iPhone or iPad and walk all the way back to access Apex than it is to use the Fire tablet that is mounted in my cabinet.

I have a older asus 7” android tablet you can have. Bought it years ago for car navigation but the display is not bright enough to use in daylight.

What about using it for that tile app? I know that’s an iOS app, and only an iPad app at that. Does anyone use a dedicated tablet for that?

Back