Neptune Aquatics

Good dosing pumps?

kinetic

Supporting Member
What's your favorite dosing pump? I'm planning on dosing AquaForest balling method (Ca, Alk, Mag). I used to have a Bubble Magus, but I don't think I ever actually used it. I sold it a long time ago.

I was going to wait until later to get one for that (if I ever keep something other than anemones), but then saw that TB Aquatics has a few left for pretty cheap, including a Bubble Magus. Are these worth getting or should I just hold off for something better?

https://www.tbaquatics.com/dosing-pumps-accessories/bubble-magus-bm-t01-triple-dosing-pump/
https://www.tbaquatics.com/dosing-pumps-accessories/sea-side-aquatics-dosing-pump-dp4/

I would agree with your first thought that you won’t need to dose Ca/Alk unless you have LPS or SPS corals. Coralline algae uses up some but can be easily kept up with by water changes in your size tank I think.

I haven’t tried others but I’ve been perfectly happy with my Apex DOS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Been using the apex dos for water changes and that has been great in conjunction with switching to Red Sea pro salt.
Alk has been 8.7 and Ca at 480.

I would also maybe wait until Neptune comes out with their new device that will monitor Ca, alk, Mg that be really the ticket. Or just another device needing constant calibration.

But I really do like the apex dos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, so most likely I wouldn't need an auto doser for Mg, since it's really only needed once in awhile. I remember hand dosing Mg, but I don't remember how often. It was mostly Alk and Ca. So that does make sense.

Kinetic since you like diy, here’s what I did with my AF 123 and saved $$ on dosing containers.
5d64935793729f66eef49a44c159f631.jpg

I got those bulkhead from amazon that let me add ro lines to the containers and connect to doser.

8dee31af3f74740788dbbe4d91863690.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@ashburn2k oh yeah that looks great. I have some of those slim BRS containers from my old system back 5 years ago. I only drilled the top, but maybe adding bulkheads would be a better idea.

Back